Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Date Night

...was a success. Jeff and i dropped Rhyan off at his parents at about 6pm. We stayed and chatted for just a bit and then headed off to Chili's to eat (thanks to the Kunis's who gave us a giftcard when Rhyan was born!). There wasn't a line (thank you terrible economy and faining popularity of the resturant) so we were seated promptly. We enjoyed split 2 dinners for the purpose of variety, talked a while about plans for the summer, what a good baby Rhyan is, etc... and headed off to target to pick up a couple of things. Mainly, I wanted to get a jelly bean sling. I've been eyeing them and decided that while I'm not a fan of slings for everyday purposes (ie: holding her in it while she naps) I do like the idea of having it for when she has wake time and I want to walk around the yard with her or when we go to church and she is going to be napping during that time already (but I'm not quite ready to send her off to the nursery). Anyhoo, I love it... and so does she!

So we got back to Gran and Grandad's about 7:45. We were only away from her for a little more than an hour. We didn't intentionally rush back... it just didn't take us long to go on our date. But it was a nice time. Ronni said that Rhyan woke up to eat just a few minutes early but then downed her entire 4 ounces ( i figured she'd be hungry as she hadn't taken a great feeding at 4pm). When we got there, she was awake and in her little car seat, sitting by her Gran while they ate dinner. What a great baby :-)

Oh, and Ronni commented on how great Rhyan is when you change her diaper. I've noticed this and mentioned it to Jeff, as well. When we first brought her home she'd cry with each change... now, she just looks around and enjoys having her tooshie cleaned... i mean, who wouldn't? haha!

2 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

glad you are starting date nights early! you never knew how much you could miss a little baby/child, but it's fun to get out and do something different. good for yall!!

Josh and Donna said...

way to go! to all 3 of you. :o)