Friday, June 5, 2009

Upload Drama

Jeff and I were watching the video's today of Rhyan's first bath and the one we recorded last night (to prove to her that she didnt forever scream at bath time... she enjoys it now!). I have to say, i'm so glad we got a camcorder before we had her. I'm sure we dont use it right half the time, and we forget to use it for most fun/important things... but hey, we're new at all of this. I tried to upload the video's today, but after waiting over 30 minutes, i gave it up. So you'll have to settle for some new pics, instead.

This first one is the night of our date. We went to target and got a sling... she likes it, you think?

Safe and fast asleep in Daddy's arms...

Getting jiggy with it... while she stares at the fan (the object of her affection)
And here are some pics from today. After daddy woke her up to eat... STRETCH!!!!After she ate... spending more time being amused by the fan :-)
And tuckered out from all her hard work. Jeff told me she had fell asleep "with her crotch hanging out"... and this is what i found when i went to check. LOL.
We are still trying to implement the principles of babywise (eat/play/sleep... in that sequence). Its supposed to help her distinguish day from night better and get her to sleeping through the night faster. For that purpose, we have found success. She slept last night for 5.5 hours between feeds. What we are finding, though, is that she doesnt really like napping in the day, which her Dr. says not to worry about as long as she is sleeping that well at night, and to count our blessings (in other words, quit griping!). Our pastor and his wife did babywise w/ all three of their little angels... seriously, they have fantastic kids, and so i called them today to ask their advice. Ken said maybe Rhyan just likes more "wake time" and to try letting her stay up longer and take shorter naps. I dont know if it was a fluke, but it worked for this time. She stayed awake and up with us for an hour and a half and I laid her down (swaddled by daddy) awake. She grunted a bit and looked around for about 20 minutes and then fell asleep till her next feeding. No crying. Halleujah. So maybe we'll try that for a bit and see if more wake time is what she needs. She really is a good baby... I'd love to have her up with us more!!!
Ok, so thats a day in the life of. Hope you enjoyed. If not, Rhyan has a knuckle sandwich for you!

1 comment:

Nana Julie said...

Such sweet pictures! I know you are loving being a mom. I am really impressed with your organized schedule. Enjoy every minute!!