Tuesday, July 16, 2013

PROM!!!




So in my previous post, I put up a couple of pics of a dress that I liked for prom. One gold, one black... I chose the GOLD!The first time Jeff saw it he said "wow, you're white in that". haha... TRUE! I'm seriously whiter than ever! Thats what two kids and some melasma on your face will do for you in terms of avoiding the sun! But I loved this dress so I said i would get a spray tan.

He still did NOT like the dress. At all. Said he didnt like the one shoulder. Didnt like the sequins. Didnt like the blousy arm.... in my younger years, I would have cared. Now? I just say "well i love it so i'm wearing it" :-) Cause I've decided that if you feel good in something, you ooze confidence and fun and have a great time! And what hubby doesnt find that attractive?!

So, I got my spray tan and put on more makeup than normal (that doesnt take much... i'm a pretty simple gal when it comes to makeup), picked a gold headband, and wore my new comfy shoes!





I told Jeff that I wanted to go someplace NICE for dinner. Like, nicer than Applebees (which he considers nice). So after some responses on facebook, I decided to make a reservation at JCT kitchen in downtown atlanta.

Jeff had mentioned wanting to take his car but it was at our house and we were staying the night at his parents house and i thought it was crazy to drive back to our house to get the car, so we took the van. The only reason he didnt want to take the van was b/c he didnt want anything to happen to it. I said "what is going to happen to the van?". Well... something ended up flying off the back of a truck and we ran over it (it was directly in front of us) and it busted something! We didnt think it had caused any damage until a week later when a light came on. Seriously?! Ok, so I guess my hubby is a smart fella ;-)

Seeing as how we were at this restaurant on Easter Eve, I thought one item in particular on the menu was probably especially distasteful to the easter bunny ;-)
At prom, I was incredibly entertained, just people watching! SO, he might kill me for posting this, but i just loved this group of girls who all came together... totally reminded me of "romy and michelles hs reunion" (the hs flashbacks of prom)....
Jeff apparently cant handle the flash on my iphone camera?! haha!



He wouldnt dance with me b/c he said its "inappropriate". I argued with him but he sternly told me that this is HIS profession and HIS reputation and I am not to question him in his environment. I giggled when he said all of that :-)

But really, it was nice to see some kids from church dancing the night away. The music reminded me that i truly AM old and out of touch, minus the occasional "oldie" as the  students would say... something from my days! LOL!

I really had a great time just being solo with my hubby, though. OH, and reason #284 that I dont listen to his fashion advice: he has owned that same suit since I've known him and I'm 100% sure he wore it to OUR homecoming more than once... HA!

No comments: