Its amazing that in todays world of technology that anyone can feel lonely or alone. I mean, most of us text, email, facebook, instant message and talk on the phone daily. At least I know I do.
And even so, some days something silly happens that shouldnt mean much but for some reason does and I feel lonely. Isoloated. Alone.
My feelings are not unwarranted, but nor are they entirely true. Yes, people whom I love hurt me sometimes. Yes, they can unintentionally make me feel left out. But the fact remains that for all of those who I love deeper than the love that is repaid, I have others who love me more than I them.
See, if I'm learning anything its that the way that others sometimes unintentionally make me feel is likely the way I make others feel, as well. A sweet young girl may reach out to me and I might ignore it because I'm so focused on this other friend of mine who just ignored me and hurt my feelings.
Hmmm...
So I've made a decision. I am deciding to not be bitter when people I love invite others to do things and not me. Deciding to not be angry when friends I adore have private conversations that dont include me. Deciding not to focus on my own hurt as much when I feel looked over or left out.
Instead, I think I'll choose to invest my time more wisely into those who DO want to be a part of my life. And those people may not look like or sound like or act like my idea of a "cool friend" like those who I long to be included with (trying desperately to be honest), but none the less, those who ARE drawn to me are the people that God has laid at my doorstep and asked me to love. They are His creation who may or may not know Him in a personal relationship and may be attracted to something about me that draws them to Him.
The point is, how will I ever know unless I get to know them.
And, it may be, that they have something to teach me.
A lesson in humility is being taught to my heart. A lesson in how to love others. A lesson in how to put others first. And Im grateful for the lessons...
For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.
Hebrews 12:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will
continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ
Jesus returns.
Phillipians 1:6
No comments:
Post a Comment