Monday, October 1, 2012

Labor-less Day

Oh, Labor day... how I love thee ;-) Oh, wait! I dont ever work on Monday's anyways! Well, then I guess i love it because my husband gets to be home with me!

We actually decided to go up to the Mountain house for Labor day weekend this year. Unfortunately, Jeff had to help with the parking for Archer's varsity football game that friday, so he couldnt go leave until either late Friday or early Saturday. So I told him I would just head on up Friday afternoon and he could come separately after the game. That way we could get in some good visiting time but could still come home on Sunday, giving us all of Monday "off" (not driving).

Then, on the drive up, I spoke with my mom who was on the way to the hospital to take mommie... She had gone from doing pretty well back to sleeping all day and not seeming to be feeling well. Her blood work showed an elevated liver panel, meaning some sort of infection or something. The dr wasnt sure but really felt she needed to be hospitalized. So the whole way up, I was concerned. But assumed all would be ok, so we went on.

I was pretty proud of the kids on the 2 hour ride up. Thats the first time I've taken both of them somewhere so far away alone.:-) Luckily, when we got there, my wonderful in-laws were there and more than willing to help watch the kids and unpack. YAY!

Jeff got there around 11 or so, i think. I'm not sure... we were all asleep :-)

The next morning, I called for an update on Mommie.

"Congestive Heart Failure"... the words just broke my heart. And whats worse is that the Dr's were making it sound like she had merely weeks to live, if that long. So, as you can imagine, my heart sank and I'm pretty sure I ruined the rest of the weekend for everyone. Long story short, she's ok. She'll continue to battle CHF but she, after over a week's stay in the hospital, is on the mend! 

Back to the weekend! Andy, Jeff, Rhyan, Mack and I enjoyed the pancake breakfast put on by the neighborhood. It was pretty yummy!

The rest of teh weekend was pretty laid back... we took a drive down to the waterfall!







WHOA there buddy! Dont fall! :-)











We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend for the most part. Certainly I was distracted. But It was nice to have such quiet surroundings to reflect and to pray for Mommie...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Good for you for taking a two hour drive solo! Brave woman!