Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gwinnett County Fair: 2012

I have a slight obsession with the fair. I'm fairly certain that I've been pretty much every year of my life (with VERY few exceptions). I've never been to any other fairs and while I've heard that ours is a little "white-trashy" (haha), nothing can deter me from my love! 

I was excited to introduce Mack to the fair in an interactive way this year. Last year, he accompanied the family but Mommie pretty much held him and fed him and loved on him all night while we walked around... he didnt really "see" too much at 3 months old :-) Not so, this year! We started off in the 4-H petting zoo.
My sweet girl has a love for animals just like her daddy!


We walked around the petting zoo area for a bit but Rhyan wasnt as impressed as last year. There werent as many animals! BOO! So she said "i wanna get outta here". So we did. With our free milk's in hand, of course! Next stop, a pic with the Mayfield dairy cow. Jeff was trying to instruct them so I could capture them. Um, we werent very successful, but we tried, none the less!


We debated back and forth as to whether we should pay the exorbitant amount for a "stamp" to ride all the rides (its $25 on Sundays! RIPOFF!!!) but as Rhyan insisted on riding every ride, we figured it'd be worth it. Then, there was the question of would she ride by herself or would one of us have to get a stamp too.
Long story short, we were out $50 in a flash. I told you, i'm a SUCKER for the fair! ;-)

She We LOVED the swings!
While we were standing in line for the swings, it started sprinkling. Rhyan and I kept saying "Jesus, please dont let it rain!". Negative! We rode the roller coaster after the swings and then the bottom let out :-)
So we hid under an awning for a bit and called the boys to see what they were up to. Jeff had offered to take Mack and explore while Rhyan and I rode the rides (he doesnt like things that spin around and thats about all kiddie fair rides are!) so we werent sure if they were stuck in the rain or not. But they were walking around the exhibits, safe from the rain!
Here's the thing about the fair... there are pretty much about 4 or 5 rides. And those rides are repeated with a different face about 4 or 5 times. So theres about 20 rides, but they're all the same :-)
I dont think she expected the takeoff. LOL!
It quit raining before long and Rhyan and I took full advantage of our remaining time. And boy, did the humidity make her hair curly!

She was ALL about the bumper boats... but she didnt quite understand how to make it turn. So she thought it was fun for a few minutes...


And then she started getting upset because she was going in circles and it wouldnt stop ;-) Sweet girl! haha!
They also had a "fun house" that she didnt think was very much fun. And a little girl totally busted her rear while we were in there so it was a little traumatic for us all! haha! On to the obstacle course, said Rhyan!
She was barely tall enough to do it and parents are not allowed on this so I was running all around the thing telling her she was doing a good job and to keep going (she was nervous to be going alone).
But she eventually made it to the slide! Hooray!!!
We met up with the boys and let little Mack take a ride on the merry-go-round with Rhyan and I. This pic doesnt show it, but he LOVED it!!! He was smiling ear to ear! (until we took a pic, of course!)
LOVE this of my little prissy girl :-)


We finally went and grabbed a bite to eat after all of our fun rides. Except for some reason, Mack was being, well, difficult. He didnt want to eat what we offered and was being a pill. I thought it would be fun to let the kids try a funnel cake. And again, Mack was refusing to eat anything we offered. Turns out, it was because HE wanted to pick up his own food and thats why he was refusing what we tried to hand to him. STUBBORN!

Just before we left, Rhyan was saying she wanted to ride the cars. We figured one last ride was ok :-) And as it turned out, she quite appropriately got to ride in the "Ford" truck!

Despite the rain, we had a great time overall. We were sad that Mommie wasnt able to come, but we enjoyed ourselves. Rhyan ended up going back AGAIN  later in the week with my Mom and said she loved the "parade".

Till next year!

No comments: