Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Birthday!

Well, I've turned the big 3-2. 
And it pretty much feels exactly like the big 3-1.

Except, I had to work so it really didnt feel like much of a birthday at all. Well, thats not entirely true. It just felt like a grown up birthday.

Which is not nearly as exciting as a kids birthday, but alas, I suppose we all grow up! ;-)

I actually told Jeff that we planned vacation perfectly this year. We got home from the beach and I started back to work on my birthday week! We celebrate Hanukkah style at work, so that gave me some incentive to show up :-)

Tuesday morning we started off with Chick-Fil-A breakfast and a sweet tea. YUM.
Wednesday (my actual birthday) we had homemade chocolate pound cake with chocolate icing by Kerri. Oh my! And then I came home to a homemade (by RHYAN and my Mama) chocolate cake with chocolate icing.

It seems that the people who know me best understand my neeeeeed for chocolate ;-)

Btw, Rhyan started off my morning by bringing me a card (super cute... she picked it out herself!) and said "you wanna go to grammy's house? i make you a cake!" hehe. It was supposed to be a surprise!
Idk why my camera is making pics so dark lately?! Rhyan didnt want to wear a shirt. She's quite the exhibitionist! FOUR generations here... and I just cant say enough of how grateful I am to share my birthday with my Mommie. There were many times this year that I didnt think she'd be here to share it!
And then Thursday, Dr Cohen and the girls took me to lunch at longhorns!
I was grateful to be wearing scrubs w/ elastic by the end of the week :-)

Jeff gave me a nice card but I told him I didnt really want anything b/c I'm wanting to get a smart phone here soon and I'd prefer to just save up for that. Plus, we had just been at the beach and ate out a lot, etc. 

Jeff's parents came on Saturday, though, and kept the kids for us and we used a gift card that one of Jeff's students gave him to one of our favorite japaneese resturants! We had a wonderful meal and had a great time just hanging out and talking. I really do enjoy our alone time :-)

So, i'm  a year older. But as a friend of mine says "celebrate getting older; there are lots of people who wish they had the opportunity to do so".
Grateful for another year to share with those i love!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finding such pure green tea is not an easy task as well, you can find a good dependable supplier here http://www. contivity vpn vista

Anonymous said...

As per the current situations prevailing in the world student health insurance coverage plans have become a basic necessity. Due to narrowed artery, the blood flow is reduced and thus nutrient and oxygen shortage in the brain, heart and other parts of the body is common., policy vpn. To do this, you will want to hire a professional poster printing company online to do everything for you. what is vpn security

Anonymous said...

Moreover, there are several other factors to weigh while purchasing a new boat. check exchange server version

Anonymous said...

This online global village has given rise to the popularity of social media networks where a virtual platform is constructed to interact with likeminded individuals. import html into access. We can also move down the social stratification ladder, this is possible through illness or deviance behaviors among other factors. privacy policy for a website

Anonymous said...

This may sound odd, but kids do this a lot. sql server book online. The main course doesn’t disappoint. ik network de

Anonymous said...

Then, the tutor can watch the student work through a similar equation, using his/her whiteboard. non secure server