Friday, August 10, 2012

Amelia Island: Friday

Our last full day with the grandparents! :-( Then, its back to having to watch our kids all by ourselves. (GASP!!!) 

Well, after an entire week of taking pics, I agreed to leave the camera behind today. This made my picture loving husband so very sad (not)! We headed back out for the beach and enjoyed another beautiful day. Andy even forewent watching golf and joined us pretty early. And so he got to see Mack get so relaxed in the ocean that, for a second time this week, he fell asleep IN the ocean. Hilarious. Seriously made me regret leaving the camera behind...

We stayed out from about 8:30am till around 1pm. We enjoyed lunch on the beach and just soaked up the fantastic weather. 

Back to the condo for naps and a coke float for Andy and I (the official "fatties" according to Jeff).
Then, Ronni and Andy gave us one last night out. Alone! 
We hit up Brett's Waterway Cafe. It was really, really nice. Definitely the fanciest dinner we had. Unfortunately, we're not really fancy people. We much prefer quantity over quality (hello, we are a little redneck!) so i probably wouldnt go back. I got the scollops and literally, there were three. Yes, count them. One. Two. Three.
Over a bed of organic grits. Without cheese?!
With 5 asparagi (whats the plural of asparagus?!) haha.

It was good. Just too fancy for me :-)
We were pretty happy to get to sit outside and see the sun begin to set over the marina. It was pretty stunning. Then, we decided to walk around the town for a bit. It really is a pretty, quaint downtown area! We stopped to take pics with the shrimp, of course :-) And we couldnt really pass up the fudge shoppe, could we?! We wanted to get some to share and thought Rhyan would like some taffy. 


About half way around the town, my feet were killing me (blast my attempt at looking cute and foregoing comfort! I know better!) so i ended up walking around barefoot. Gross, i know. It totally took me back to a trip to the dental convention that I attend each year in downtown atlanta. I was 8 months preggo w/ Rhyan and my feet were SO swollen. I was dying in my shoes and chose to walk to our hotel from the CNN center barefoot. I was certain i would have a foot fungus! :-/ Thank goodness, i didnt! lol

Anyhoo, we enjoyed window shopping and getting to just spend time together! 
We got back to the condo before Rhyan even went to bed. She enjoyed some taffy and we all hit the hay pretty early so we could be fresh for our last full day!

No comments: