Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Heading Home!

OH, Amelia Island... how we will miss you! 

We left around 8:30am and headed on home with our van loaded to the brim with all our stuff, plus about 34 shells from the beach! haha. There were just so many pretty ones!!!

I had texted Laura Pool, a facebook friend of mine that I've never met (dont worry, she's not totally random... she's real life friends with my blog friend turned real life friend, Emily) and asked if she was up for meeting for lunch! I figured it was a long shot that the timing would work out but it DID!!! I warned her that we were all travel presentable only and not really "first time meeting" kind of presentable! But she swore she didnt care and so we planned to meet up in Macon for lunch.

At 5 guys. YUM.
While I ordered, Jeff and Mack had fun w/ the camera

And then, in walked my beautiful friend!!! Rhyan was stoked to meet her too (haha... what is with her in this pic?! she looks drugged!)

It was so wonderful to get to meet in real life! And Jeff was so great.... he totally understood me wanting to take time to meet up with her (she's a fellow babywise mom)! He watched the kids and took Mack for a little walk around outside while the two of us chatted it up!

And btw, my melasma (facial pigmentation) came back while at the beach. Regardless of the fact that I wore spf 50 non stop. Grrrrrr. I have some tricks up my sleeve I'll be posting on soon about that but this pic above shows the discoloration pretty badly :-(

We got home around 4:30 and started unpacking. The kids really did awesome on the drive home (minus about a 15 minute window of Mack yelling and Rhyan crying b/c she was asleep and it woke her up). 

What a FUN summer trip! Sad to see it go and excited for next year!

No comments: