Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

A couple of blog friends of mine have been doing posts lately on "What I'm Loving Wednesday" and I think its a cute idea. Its a way for me to focus (for at least a few minutes once a week! ha!) on the positive in our lives. So, here we go!

1. I'm loving this spring weather! Rhyan lives to be "outside" and when it's as pretty as it has been lately, thats an easy request to fill!

2. I'm loving how much better Rhyan is able to communicate lately! Thanks to her word explosion last month, she is now able to piece together some words and let me know what she's thinking. Like today when I picked her up from Tracys, she said "see Daddy?" and I told her no to which she replied "Daddy... Ball". Yes! He is at the ballfield. I love that she knows!!!

3. I'm LOVING that Jeff's team WON their first game tonight! After a 6 game losing streak, this was much needed for morale! The boys are really starting to work together better and I'm so proud of the team for all they are learning, and of course i'm BEAMING with pride that their hott coach is my hubby :-)

4. I'm loving that my mom has gone over a month without smoking. And i'm praying that next week, and the next, and the next, and a year from now, i'll be writing the same thing!

5. I'm loving that as of Saturday, I'll be in my last trimester... and that much closer to meeting my little boy!

6. I'm loving that I've hit a nesting spurt (probably brought on by the fact that Emily will be coming this weekend to stay at our home while she visits people in the area!) and that my house is *mostly* clean!

7. I'm loving the book RADICAL by David Platt and the study held at our friends, Ken and Julie Sirman's home each Sunday evening. This book is really challenging me to look at the gospel and see exactly what Christ called us to. Its getting me out of my self-centered idea of Christs death being all about me and helping me to realize that my salvation is really all about bringing HIM glory! Wow...

8. I'm loving that i love *most* of my patients and that they absolutely bless my heart. One woman shared with me today that 10 years ago her 22 year old daughter was murdered and that through that experience she came to trust Christ with her life, gained a church family and now speaks at grief groups twice a week. She also emailed to me her recently finished testimony of all God has done through her loss and just absolutely inspired me!!!

9. I'm loving that at 79, my Mommie still loves to take care of my baby girl and that Rhyan loves to be taken care of by her Grandmother :-) What a sweet relationship!

10. Last but not least, I'm loving that we are being so richly blessed by sweet friends and family who insist on throwing us showers for our SECOND baby! I mean, who gets showers for their second child?! It's humbling. A little embarrassing. And incredibly appreciated :-)

Um, and on a slightly more superficial note (that Jeff will kill me for typing), I'm loving that Russell got voted off of Survivor and that Rob is rockin it! WOOHOO!!!

What are YOU loving?

No comments: