Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Voter Fraud?

I'm sensing some voter fraud around here... I mean, i thought kids were only allowed to vote in presidential elections? And only then if the democrat is behind in the race! ("oh no she didnt!"... yes, i totally did :-)).

This is her "too bright" pose. We see this a LOT in the car. Here, she wasnt digging the flash.

"Shee??" (See)
In other news:

I dont remember when i last updated about baby Ford #2, so i'll do so now.
I had my gestational diabetes test done at my 24 week appointment and all was good. No diabetes. YAY! I may have actually cried if i found out i had to deny myself chocolate! I mean, it IS a major food group of pregnancy :-)
Little Mack is still moving an awful lot. I complain about it sometimes because from time to time it hurts a little (his knee is looking for a great escape through my ribs) but really, for the most part, its really cool. I mean, its kind of freaky when you really think about it that we, as women, grow other human beings inside of us. Incredible, Gods plan is. (as yoda might say).

I'm not sure if i've posted about my feelings of this pregnancy vs my pregnancy w/ Rhyan, but i'd like it to be in print at some point so here it goes.

With Rhyan i enjoyed my pregnancy more than i do this one. Dont let me fool you, i didnt love it (i was sick for a while and then had some pretty bad pains that i dont want to reveal to all the world) but overall, i enjoyed it. Let me rephrase... i probably enjoyed the attention :-) (if we're being honest). In your first pregnancy, you get doted on more. By your family, by your husband, by yourself! But then with the second, everyone assumes its like an old hat to you; familiar and somehow easier. But i'd beg to differ. With Rhyan, we had more money so i got pedicures more often and treated myself to things like a massage or whatever. With this pregnancy, we're saving all we have to buy a van and for me to take an unpaid maternity leave of 10 weeks. So theres lots of dead skin on my feet and my back hurts :-)
Would i have it any other way? NO! (um, unless i could just magically have more money... but i'm saying, would i change my family.. no). Jeff and I would sacrifice anything for our kids! But I do think that those "perks" make the 1st pregnancy more enjoyable.

Having said that, I'm really looking more forward to meeting little Mack than I did Rhyan. I obviously am in LOVE with Rhyan, so please let me explain. I was nervous about having Rhyan. I knew I wanted to be preggo. I wasnt so sure i wanted the kid that followed... because its in my control freak nature to want to be prepared and knowledgeable and good at anything before I even try it. Before we had Rhyan, I signed us up for lots of birthing and parenting classes. I read babywise. I talked to mom friends for advice. But the fact was, nothing was going to prepare me for being a Mommy. I am a visual learner and seeing as how I'm an only child, I've never really seen parenting other than that which I had from my parents (which was awesome, but i dont exactly remember the infant/toddler years!). So to say I was nervous was an understatement.

Am I all wise now? Absolutely not. But if there is anything that I've learned its that parenting is an on the job training gig. There was no way that we could have prepared ourselves for EVERY possible issue that we may have had with Rhyan, and even if we would have tried, who is prepared for SILENT reflux that even doctors took 6 months to diagnose or Torticollis which brings its own issues? Point is, we've learned as we've gone and I know enough now to know that is exactly what we'll do with little Mack. So, i stress less and look forward more to meeting him. I dont really worry about how Rhyan will react to her new brother because other than the fact that i feel certain that she'll adjust fine, I know that we'll do whatever we need to help her adjust. I am still pro-intentional parenting and very against accidental parenting (meaning we do try to think about our decisions and how they'll impact long term and not just today) but we'll never be perfect and we're always going to make mistakes, no matter how hard we try to parent well.

So, I have lots to do to get ready for little Mack to join our lives, but i am soooo looking forward to meeting him. And to enjoying him. :-)

Allright, well an unwatched episode of the young and the restless, house and a new biggest loser are calling my name... along with some cuddle time on the couch w/ my husband (aka: falling asleep in T-30 minutes). Night!

No comments: