Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcome, 3rd Trimester!

Well, I'm 28 weeks! WOOHOO! It's amazing to think that if for some reason (God forbid) Mckinnon were born today, he would likely be okay. Despite my complaints of aches and pains, I can assure you, I want him tucked safely away and working on developing for at least another 10 weeks or so :-)
Things to do:
  • register (because we are unbelievably blessed and are having 3 showers! 4 if you count the luncheon my work ladies are throwing! wow. humbling.)
  • go through my totes of Rhyans clothes in search of anything unisex for Mack.
  • find the right color stain and refinish 2 pieces of furniture to match the crib.
  • find decor for his room. I found a bedding set that i like, but am certain that I can find fabric to make a bedskirt and *possibly* rope Lindsay into making a quilt :-) So its really curtains and fun wall art that I'm looking for.
  • decide on whether or not to preserve the cord blood. Yikes, thats expensive. It seems like life insurance to me in a lot of ways... something that costs a lot of money that you hope you never need, but would regret if you didnt get it and needed it. Decisions, decisions. :-(
  • Buy a van. Anyone want to sell their 2008(ish) Honda Odyssey EX-L with low miles for less than 22K? Or better yet, anyone want to just give us theirs because they won the lottery and will be getting a fancy new ride? haha...
  • Enjoy having the thickest hair I ever have. Because soon enough all of the hormones allowing me to keep extra hair will be gone, along with all of the hair... and I'll be looking like a chemo patient once again.
  • Soak up all of the time we get as a family of 3. I have a feeling these last (less than) 3 months are gonna FLY!

In the meanwhile, life here is good. Really, really good.

No comments: