Well, on the way back out to the car, she fell and scraped up her knee pretty badly. She cried only for about a minute, then was ok. Unfortunately, that afternoon after her nap, she fell on the same knee again and really messed it up. This was, unknowingly to me, the beginning of a week of injuries :-( So I thought I'd document a couple of them. Some with pics, some without.
Here is a pic of her knee after its almost healed, almost a week later!
That same afternoon at home, she got into a fight with a metal clothes hanger. Looks to me like the hanger won... it scratched up her temple, straight across her eyelid. Its scary to think of what it could have done to her actual eye had she not closed it. Thank the Lord for reflexes! (she is telling me here that this is her "noooose").
In other- not so painful- news...
Jeff's JV baseball team won their second game of the season this Wednesday. They've lost 7 and won 2... not great, but each win helps boost some morale, which is priceless for those boys!
And I had my 28 week checkup this past Thursday. I gained a ton of weight, but I dont count it all because i typically go to the Dr 1st thing in the morning and dont eat or drink before i go (yes, maybe i'm a freak, but i like the consistency) and on Thursday I weighed in at almost 5pm after having eaten and drank all day long. Plus, i'd been on my feet a lot in Atlanta that day and I was swollen :-( So I'm just going to wait and see what this next appointment brings before i get worked up about it. I'm measuring at 30cm from pelvic area to fundus (top of the uterus). You should measure 1cm per week so i'm a little bigger than i should be but this is right in line w/ Rhyan's measurements, as well. The dr is not concerned. The heartbeat sounded great and Dr Pohl said Mckinnon probably weighs almost 2lbs by now. We discussed cord blood banking, which Jeff and I have pretty much decided against (I'll post on our reasons why later and the info we've gathered in case anyone else finds it helpful) and circumcision and that was about it. Easy enough.
I'll be seen every 2 weeks from here to 36 weeks, where he'll start seeing me weekly until Mckinnon is born.
Ok, so a few quick pics to last some of you for a bit. Rhyan is getting so BIG! We adore her fun personality and are really enjoying her!
Jeff's JV baseball team won their second game of the season this Wednesday. They've lost 7 and won 2... not great, but each win helps boost some morale, which is priceless for those boys!
And I had my 28 week checkup this past Thursday. I gained a ton of weight, but I dont count it all because i typically go to the Dr 1st thing in the morning and dont eat or drink before i go (yes, maybe i'm a freak, but i like the consistency) and on Thursday I weighed in at almost 5pm after having eaten and drank all day long. Plus, i'd been on my feet a lot in Atlanta that day and I was swollen :-( So I'm just going to wait and see what this next appointment brings before i get worked up about it. I'm measuring at 30cm from pelvic area to fundus (top of the uterus). You should measure 1cm per week so i'm a little bigger than i should be but this is right in line w/ Rhyan's measurements, as well. The dr is not concerned. The heartbeat sounded great and Dr Pohl said Mckinnon probably weighs almost 2lbs by now. We discussed cord blood banking, which Jeff and I have pretty much decided against (I'll post on our reasons why later and the info we've gathered in case anyone else finds it helpful) and circumcision and that was about it. Easy enough.
I'll be seen every 2 weeks from here to 36 weeks, where he'll start seeing me weekly until Mckinnon is born.
Ok, so a few quick pics to last some of you for a bit. Rhyan is getting so BIG! We adore her fun personality and are really enjoying her!
No comments:
Post a Comment