Wednesday, June 25, 2014

DISNEY!!!! Day 2

Our first full day at Magic Kingdom!!!! We got up early and ate breakfast in our room (I brought some breakfast foods so we could save our food credits for lunch's and dinner!) and headed out to catch the shuttle to the park. I had hoped that we would make it to see the opening parade, but the shuttles fill up quickly and we ended up having to wait for the next shuttle so we got there about 20 min after they opened. Still, walking in and seeing THIS was so cool!
Our first fast pass was for Enchanted Tales with Belle. I was texting back and forth with Emily, asking her where it was.... well, she apparently was cracking up at the fact that we didnt think to get a map when we walked into the park. Serious newbies here, ok?!  But we found it and headed in...

I learned pretty quickly that our kiddos are NOT "enchanted" with these types of things. Rhyan is super standoffish and Mack clung to Jeff... they did not care to interact at all with the characters and didnt even want to sit on the floor with the other kids during the story. So, here is our family selfie
So after we got out of that little experience, we headed to what the kids were really interested in... RIDES! We headed to the carousel and the teacups first! Mack looked like he had been crying because... he had! In the process of getting in line I thought Jeff had Mack and he thought I had mack and there was a scary moment (for mack, not us... jeff could see him the whole time). So he was recouping here. ;-)



And we made our way to Dumbo where apparently Mack remembered again that he doesnt like to have pics taken
Close to Dumbo is the kids roller coaster and Rhyan was DYING to ride it! She's our little dare devil! So while Jeff and Rhyan rode the roller coaster, Mack and I rode the TRAIN! He was in heaven! He loves trains so it was so much fun for him! And it was perfect timing for us because the wait for the roller coaster was about 20 minutes and the train ride is 20 minutes! Awesome! And it was a great break time for this preggo mama :-). I was 20 weeks preggo on this trip which honestly worked out pretty great! I was far enough along for people to be nice to me b/c they could tell but not so far that I was hot or uncomfortable :-)


 We got lunch at Pinocchio's tavern (shared some pizza meals) and then tried to pack in a couple more rides before heading back to the room! We rode its a small world. Honestly, we thought it was mega lame and a total waste of time!  But Mack.... he loved it! So strange!


We also HAD to make another trip to the carousel! Its a classic and i loved it!











And then made it for our scheduled fast pass for peter pan's flight. I had heard a LOT of things about that ride and didnt know what to expect... Its not a super thrilling ride in terms of turns and jerks and going fast, but it IS super cool!  The kids really liked it and honestly, I did too!!! The other fast pass we had was to Buzz Lightyear which was another "i'm trusting emily on this one" ride. My kids arent into toy story so I didnt think they would care for the ride but oh my goodness! They LOVED IT! And hello, Jeff did too! LOL! It was so fun and of course we were all competitive :-) And of course Jeff won!






We also HAD to make time to ride the little mermaid ride! Oh goodness, Rhyan was SO excited!!! And it was our last ride of the day which was a perfect way to end the day!

















How COOL are all the characters on that ride?! It was really neat!
Everyone kept telling me to use fast passes for princess meet and greets but i really thought the kids woudnt care (plus, we planned some character meals to alleviate that!). So when Rhyan said she wanted her pic made with Ariel I kinda freaked out internally for a second... till I realized she just wanted a pic with the Ariel on at the entrance to the ride. Whew! HA!



But then, it was mega hot and those pics are the ones we got. LOL! Hilarious!
On the way out we caught a glimpse of a parade going on... a fun way to end the day
On the way out, we saw a few RABBITS! The kids were totally amazed... as if thats the most exciting part of Disney!?! I'm telling you, my kids are pretty easily amused (and i'm glad!). It was a GREAT first day!
 
\ We headed back to the room for naps and then ate dinner at the hotel and enjoyed the pool for a bit before bed. It really was a very, very fun first day. My least favorite part was just having to learn the park, but we had a great time and the longest line was 20 minutes! AWESOME! It wasnt too hot and we enjoyed good food... no complaints!! :-)

No comments: