Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cravings!!!

For the first 16 weeks of this pregnancy I had what I'd call evening sickness. I'd feel ok in the morning and afternoon but would get super queasy around 5pm or so and just feel yuck the rest of the evening. Because of that, i only gained 1lb in the first 16 weeks (have no fear... or jealousy... i've more than made up for it since! ;-). So when something sounded yummy in those weeks, I made it. And ate it. Period. Healthy or not!

My first craving was the chocolate no bake cookies... I got the recipe from my friend Emily Parker and oh my goodness are they YUM! So sugary and chocolaty and with peanut butter. And I totally think they have to be healthy since they have oatmeal in them, right?! ;-)
I also went through a phase where Zaxbys was just calling my name. Now, I didnt always answer to the call, but when I did, I got the kickin chickin sandwich. oh my... It is DELISH! Except maybe I didnt need it to SWIM in the hot sauce sometimes?! ha! Trust me, I still ate it though!
And on our first really warm week of the spring, I got the fixins for strawberry shortcake. I was really wanting some and the kids had never had any, so I thought it was the perfect introduction to spring time!
And of course, who can resist a package of ALL strawberry mentos?! Love those things!
Basically, from about 18-28 weeks I went through a phase of making up for lost eating time (and the scales screamed "STOP" at me). I've since worked on it but boy, those were some yummy days :-)

No comments: