We enjoyed our leisurely breakfast together and I snapped a couple of rough pics of me and the kids :-) wow... rough indeed!
We actually had some sick family on the first day of the year, although I dont remember who? This is the downside to being SO far behind in blogging :-( Someone had a fever or upset stomach or something... so we avoided going to Mommie's house for the yearly new years dinner together. Wait, maybe its because Mommie was sick? Thats possible. Anyhoo, my Mama cooked the greens and I took on the making of the black eyed peas and homemade cornbread. Yum...
The kids wouldnt eat the greens, no surprise there. But the rest they gobbled up.
I cant say that it was a great start to the year. Because I dont remember much about the day.... it WAS 4 months ago! haha... :-) I do remember thinking that in terms of goals or whatnot for the year, I have none, really. Only hope and optimism.Hope that Mommie's health will improve and we will enjoy the year with her
Hope that we would make some decisions regarding church (we made our decision to leave Oak Hill towards the end of Jan)
Hope that our family would work together as a team and support and love one another
Hope that we would have patience and that the Lord would give us wisdom/discernment in parenting
Hope that spiritually, 2013 would be a year of renewing and growth...
So far, so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment