Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rhyans Big Girl Room

Jeff has worked so hard over the last week to empty out our guest bedroom, move all of the furniture to the bonus room, empty our the closet in her "new" room and paint it! By the way, in the process of cleaning out the closet, he took it upon himself to take my wedding dress to the cleaners and have it cleaned and preserved. Are y'all jealous that my husband was totally showing off how awesome he is?!

Let me 1st say that I had to pick a paint color in about 5 minutes at home depot. I prefer Ralph Lauren paints normally but they dont carry it anymore so I browsed through the Martha Stewart paint and was automatically drawn to one called Garden Shed. It is a light greenish color and exactly what I had in mind for her room! I wanted her room to be like a garden :-) Soothing and calming and with little bits of color. I'm thrilled that it turned out so well given our time constraints.

Let me also say that we've not yet hung her curtains and I need to move one picture AND I'm looking for a smaller club chair to put in there (maybe pink and green plaid or something like that) but it's as done as it will be for a while :-)






She seemed to pick up on the idea of this being her new room very easily! The very first night when we told her it was time to go "night night" she walked right into her new room. No hesitation! Sadly, she was sick that night and actually vomited in her bed, but hey, i guess its all broken in :-(. Anyhoo, here are the pics! What do y'all think?!

No comments: