BOY!!!!
We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday! Jeff was able to come along, which was exciting (but who am i kidding, i would have killed him if he didnt!).
First off, let me just say that the ultrasound showed that everything is developing perfectly and our baby is very healthy, if not slightly large. Ugg. And we are SO grateful for his health!
Jeff has, since day one, wanted another girl. He loves having a girl! I think that he's a little afraid of having a hyper-active boy like himself :-) Actually, when the lady said "its a boy", Jeff asked if she was sure and she replied "yeah, i dont think that's gonna fall off". You'll see what i'm talking about in the pic below! lol.
I, on the other hand have known (as much as you can know with nothing scientific to prove it) since day one that it was a boy... and I've been STOKED about it!
So one of us was going to be surprised by whatever the news was. Needless to say, it was Jeff who was surprised. Actually, i think he's still grieving a little (haha) but he's warming up to the idea. I keep telling him how GREAT it's going to be to have one of each! How adorable and easy going little boys are, etc. I absolutely thought my little cousin, Tyler, was the cutest thing ever growing up. We both grew up in our grandparents house (until he and his mom and sister moved next door! haha) and he is 13 years younger than me so i really remember him as a baby. He was scrumptious!
Now, dont get me wrong, I LOVE having a girl. But I am equally excited to have a little boy, now!
We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday! Jeff was able to come along, which was exciting (but who am i kidding, i would have killed him if he didnt!).
First off, let me just say that the ultrasound showed that everything is developing perfectly and our baby is very healthy, if not slightly large. Ugg. And we are SO grateful for his health!
Jeff has, since day one, wanted another girl. He loves having a girl! I think that he's a little afraid of having a hyper-active boy like himself :-) Actually, when the lady said "its a boy", Jeff asked if she was sure and she replied "yeah, i dont think that's gonna fall off". You'll see what i'm talking about in the pic below! lol.
I, on the other hand have known (as much as you can know with nothing scientific to prove it) since day one that it was a boy... and I've been STOKED about it!
So one of us was going to be surprised by whatever the news was. Needless to say, it was Jeff who was surprised. Actually, i think he's still grieving a little (haha) but he's warming up to the idea. I keep telling him how GREAT it's going to be to have one of each! How adorable and easy going little boys are, etc. I absolutely thought my little cousin, Tyler, was the cutest thing ever growing up. We both grew up in our grandparents house (until he and his mom and sister moved next door! haha) and he is 13 years younger than me so i really remember him as a baby. He was scrumptious!
Now, dont get me wrong, I LOVE having a girl. But I am equally excited to have a little boy, now!
The baby is facing the ultrasound. His right arm is up by his face and his left is in front of his left eye. He wasnt positioned in a way that we could get a profile pic :-(
Dr Pohl also asked us if we want him to do the circumcision or if we would not want it done... um, yes, please. Which immediately brought me to the reality that there are things about boys that i totally have not thought about! Oh, well... we'll figure it out.
So, overall, things are GREAT! I've GOT to work on drinking more water b/c i'm already getting a little bit of swelling in my feet (mostly related to working more than usual). But I'm feeling good and super grateful.
Names to come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment