Each year we try to do a family outing to celebrate birthdays in lieu of a big party. Usually we go to the Yellow River Game Ranch for Jeff's birthday in April, but seeing as how we were in DISNEY for Jeff's birthday and went to Animal kingdom ON his birthday, we had to work in the game ranch for someone else's birthday! So Mack's it was!
I was concerned that since we were going in June and I was pretty preggo that it would be too hot, so we were there literally WHEN they opened. It was perfect weather, truly!
For anyone thinking of going to the game ranch, first thing in the morning is a GREAT time to go. Its cool out (b/c the entire trail is shaded its never really all that hot but certainly the morning cooler temps are more enjoyable!) and more importantly, the animals are hungry b/c they have not been fed all day long yet!
The poor animals didnt get as much food as they COULD have because SOMEONE kept eating the crackers we brought (hmmm.... birthday boy!)
One bite for the sheep... one bite for Mack!
We have NEVER gotten to see the bears so close up! The workers were cleaning the cages so they were locked into a smaller area which was perfect for getting to see them!
The obsession with getting a squirrel to eat out of his hand CONTINUED! lol!
Check out how Mack is blocking his ears... he said the rooster was too loud!!!
My little photographer was sure to get some great pics on my phone!
Mack LOVED this pig! Loved it! He wanted his pic taken with it and actually KISSED it! LOL!
It didnt take long till Rhyan caught onto Mack eating crackers... and our crackers started disappearing!
So... believe it or not I actually got this fella to take that nut right out of my hand so I got a pic of him holding it! I set the bar high and then Jeff was even MORE determined!
So he had me take a pic of him PETTING the squirrel! This little fella was friendly!
What was really amazing was that we got a CHIPMUNK to eat out of our hands! Jeff had gotten him to take one from him and so I decided to offer and oh my goodness! The little guy came right up to me and put his little paws on my hand and took the nut. Just fyi, he had very soft paws!!! Amazing!
Forget the rest of the game ranch... our family obsession is to feed chipmunk's and squirrels!
Rhyan DID IT! She was so proud and we were so proud of her patience
After feeding the chipmunk we headed to the rabbit area. I was SURE to give good instructions to the kids about NO running. Last year we left with Mack having a raw face from falling and hitting his face on a ROCK and I wanted to be sure that we didnt have a repeat of that!
I was pretty stoked that the kids let me get a couple of great pics of them with the bunnies!
We had a GREAT time and I felt great the entire time which was a huge blessing! I'm thrilled that we were able to continue the tradition :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment