This is the summary of Lainey's life from 3-4 months old. First up, her stats!!!
Height: 24.5" (57%)
Weight: 15lbs (77%)
Head: 16" (39%)
At 4 Months Lainey is:
- In 0-3 month clothes
- In Size 2 diapers
- On the HEAVENLY 4 hour schedule! Eating 5-6oz at 7, 11, 3, 7 (started this right at 16 weeks)
- Sleeping from 8:45-11, 1-3 and 5-6:30 then in bed at 7:30 or so
- On 3.5mL of Prilosec twice a day for reflux
- Down to monthly appointments with the chiropractor
- Smiling, Laughing and Cooing. All quietly :-) She is the quietest baby!!!! Its just precious!
- Right after she turned 3 months old we had a few HUGE changes!...
- Up to size 2 nipples on the mam bottle
- Started mixing her goat milk formula with Baby's Only Organic formula (started at a 5/1 ratio and every 3 or so days we would increase the mix...) By the middle of the month we were on 100% baby's only organic which is honestly just SO much easier. The nightly making of formula was wearing on Jeff and I and while we would have done it every day for the entire first year if we needed to, I'll admit that I'm grateful that we didnt :-)
- We dropped the swaddle!!! I was pretty sure it was time (and I always try to drop it by around 14 weeks) because she was waking MOTN trying to get to her hands. I had suspected that she was going to be a thumb sucker and sure enough, as sure as we dropped the swaddle, she found her thumb! When we dropped it we started with night time first and she woke early a couple of mornings and we let her CIO (she fussed but never really cried till desired wake time... off and on for maybe 20 min or so). Not bad at all! I was amazed at how well she did!
- Started batting at toys around 15 weeks. She loves her floor mat/gym!
I always dread transitions and this month was FULL of them! And I've been amazed and so grateful for how smoothly she handled all of the transitions! She really is such a little "Angel Baby!"
OH! And she has definitely found her tongue! She loves sticking it out and I think its adorable!
Some of Lainey's favorite things are to play patty cake, sing and do the wheels on the bus, read a book or two... she loves tummy time although she tends to look around a while and then just lay and suck her thumb a minute or two. HA!
And my absolute FAVORITE thing that Lainey does right now is that she makes this long sound when she yawns... its just like what my Mommie used to do :-)
Gah, we are just soaking up this little girl! I have enjoyed watching all 3 of our kids grow but I can tell that I am savoring Lainey's milestones a little more than I did with Rhyan and Mack becaues I know she's our last baby. And while I look forward to the future where we'll be able to go places and do things and not be bound by a baby's schedule, I really am loving having her! Its so much easier (for me!) with Lainey than it was with mack... I think that because Rhyan and Mack were only 2 years apart it was just harder, period. Rhyan was awesome and a super easy toddler but 2 that are so dependent on you at the same time is just hard! But this go round, mack and rhyan are both fairly independent! So I feel like we are all enjoying having Lainey as a part of the family and she definitely completes us :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment