Friday, December 12, 2014

Birthday Party Fun

For Mack's 3rd birthday "party" we decided to have a few friends over and have some fun outdoor water games/toys! I thought it would be fun for the kids to get to enjoy the yard and of course its always nice to not have to worry about cleaning the house before and after a party :-)

There was one slight issue with Mack's birthday party... Mack was sleeping when everyone started to arrive and was NOT in the mood to be done with his nap. Gotta love a 3 year old's complete lack of desire to make anyone other than his self happy. HA!

So we went ahead and let the kids play... while Mack sat (fully clothed) and watched. Luckily, the rest of the kids seem to enjoy it!

Mack was more interested in the food table! HA!
As you can see in the background, the construction on our house had literally started that week!



I was SO SO happy to have gotten this sweet pic with all the kids. The only one missing at this point was Avery who arrived pretty late... with hand foot and mouth. EEK!  Poor baby was pitiful!
Rhyan had found a dinosaur cake at publix back around her birthday and was SO excited for Mack to have this cake at his birthday! So i was super stoked that was the cake he picked!





For food, I decided to do all of Mack's favorite snacks. I think i REALLY like this idea because as strange as the food was, its COMPLETELY reflective of the birthday boy which is the best part of any birthday party... So we had cheeto's and mints and fruit snacks and a fruit bowl with mixed fruit. And cake!

After snacking on all the goodies, Mack opened his gifts! He was super cute opening everything. 3 yrs old is such fun b/c they give a genuine reaction to each gift!


How many men does it take to get a dino water gun out of the package?!



He was super excited about his new bat and ball/tee!
Avery got there about an hour into the party (she had been at the urgent care place to get checked out... poor baby!) but we were SO glad she was able to make it! She was pretty sad when she first got there but some fun toys helped her perk up! (annnnnd i pretty much washed this pirate ship with bleach! lol!)



The most exciting part of the day was finding out that Liz and Jason were EXPECTING!!! I had suspected for a bit but of course didnt want to ask so I was THRILLED to find out that there was another baby on the way! We had to take a pic of the 3 preggos :-) Melissa and I both due in August (well maybe she was the 1st week of Sept) and Liz due Dec 3!
Can i just say... dang. He. Is. Handsome!
Oh my word! This SCRUMPTIOUS little boy!

Happiest of Birthdays to the cutest, (can be) sweetest, funniest 3 year old I know!






No comments: