Because of the fact that I've basically stunk about doing any kind of a hand written pregnancy journal like I did with Rhyan and Mack, I've decided I want to do some special things with this baby/pregnancy that I did not do with them. Its really just not been possible for me to do the journal this go round. I'm going to regret not taking the time, but I've also had some really high highs and some really low lows and I dont like recording/journaling when I'm not somewhat objective :-). Life has been hectic!
So our first treat for this baby is that we decided to do a 3D ultrasound of her! When Rhyan joined me for my 24 week check, I so enjoyed seeing her get so excited to see the baby and hear the heartbeat! So I was hoping she would really like the 3D where she could really see the baby's face!
My appointment was Wed, May 28 at 3pm. My mom's bday was the next day so I thought she'd enjoy going with us and getting to see her grandbaby. We invited Jeff's parents as well, but they werent able to make it.
So we all got there at 3pm and Nikki took us back at around 3:20. The kids did well waiting! But it was SO hot in Dr Pohls office and it made time go slowly for me! Sidenote: While chatting with nikki, I found out that her other job is at Dr Gerber's office... literally next door to my office! How funny!
Nikki had warned me that the baby would have to be in a good position with plenty of amniotic fluid around her face in order to get good pics. Good news: she was face up so we could see. Bad news: she was super far down (she's head down already) and so her face was literally up against the uterus for a while. And the placenta was right in front of her face!
We tried having me turn over a few times to get fluid to shift and to see if she would shift up towards my belly button just a bit to allow for better pics. In the start of the scan, these were the pics we got. Not great, not bad. The mouth portion of her face looks distorted b/c of the placenta!
When Mack first saw the baby he said "Oh! I like the tail on the sharptooth!" (he insists that everything is a dinosaur... including the baby in HIS belly and I guess in mine, now, too!?!). Rhyan was quick to correct him and say "no Mack! theres not a tail! thats the baby's nose!". I was thrilled that she could tell!!!
She had been doing the scan for probably at LEAST 10 minutes just to get those 3 pics. The kids were getting restless so Jeff decided to take them back out to the parking lot and let my mom stay (very sweet of him!). But before they headed out, we let the kids listen to the heart rate! 142bpm.
The baby was moving a good bit and we were so hopeful that we would get some better pics... They were improving the longer we did the scan, but I felt kinda bad because its supposed to be a 15 min scan but she probably worked to get good pics for half an hour! I was so grateful!
Here, the baby's umbilical cord is passing in front of her upper lip, but she is SMILING! How sweet!
And I love how you can see her chunky little arms and hands up by her face here. Its just the ultrasound, I think, and not actually what it looks like... but it LOOKS like she has hair already! I love this one!
One thing that Nikki noted and my mom mentioned, as well, is how this baby seems to have my NOSE! Small and round. Bless her heart!
Finally, in the last 5 minutes, we could see past the placenta and cord and get a couple of pics of her!
This last one is obviously not the best... teh placenta and hand were both at the face, but it is a very clear pic of that round nose and pretty little lips!
Jeff had decided to keep the kids downstairs to run around while I waited for my appt with Dr Pohl. Yall, I love him. But oh my word. This was the 2nd appointment I've waited for 2 HOURS to see him! Ugh! Both times it was because I was scheduled after an ultrasound and in those cases, the office staff worries about Nikki's schedule and makes sure theres an available appointment with her and then they just squeeze you in with Dr Pohl. So both times I got put off to the last appointment of the day. Boo!
I didnt see Dr Pohl till 5:15. I had a list of stuff to discuss with him but didnt DARE bring up anything. I'll deal with it all when i see him again in 2 weeks. Thats right. We are on the every other week schedule now... because i'm in my 3rd trimester!!!
He measured my fundal height and then sat me up and said "measuring a little ahead". I asked him how much a "little" is and he said I'm 28 weeks, measuring 31. I about died.
Dr Pohl said she may just be a bigger baby. But I reminded him that I CANT give birth (vaginally) to a bigger baby. Mack was 8lbs15oz and he got stuck and came mega close to a csection! I DONT want to risk my baby and I DONT want a csection just b/c i eat too much and grow a heifer! So Dr Pohl said "well, it looks like it'll be carrot sticks and celery for you till August". OMG!
So, here are stats:
28 weeks
Gained 17lbs
Measuring 31 weeks
When I got back to the car, the kids were playing so nicely and Jeff was super sweet about it taking so long! We headed to CFA (no fear, I ate a salad. yum. right?!) for some dinner but before we did, Rhyan asked to see the pics and immediately said "oh mommy! She is SO CUTE!". I love her nurturing soul :-)
We are grateful for a healthy, growing baby. But would really prefer if she would be a little smaller. So if anyone sees me go for a donut, you have permission to slap my hand. Oh my! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment