So it was pretty uneventful today (thank goodness). Dr Pohl checked the heartrate (147) and said "boy, that baby's heart is STRONG! And right in the center of your abdomen, perfectly placed". Idk what thats supposed to mean? But i guess its good! He said he guesses its a boy today (this changes weekly with his guesses. I think he forgets that he guessed the opposite sex last time. HA!
He reminded me to stay away from fast food, avoid soft drinks, eat lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein and to be as active as I can and not sit around and watch tv all day. Ok then. Some things to work on ;-)
Other than that he said again that i didnt have to get the flu shot if i didnt want. That he is pretty sure that the CDC shoots darts at a dart board to figure out which vaccine to make each year and that its a good rule of thumb that the flu vaccine almost never hurts to get it, but it only helps every few years, also. I dont like the flu shot anyways and since we are at the end of flu season I decided to opt out for sure.
He also mentioned that we can find out the sex next month and I told him that we are undecided as to if we should be surprised in the delivery room. We have one of each sex kid so part of me thinks we should wait! But Jeff doesnt like that idea at all. So we are in negotiations ;-) I'm not gonna lie, i WANT to know. But i also want to see what its like to be surprised! Decisions, decisions.
My bp continues to be great. 97/62 today. And I've officially gained 1lb now. Although I will be the first to admit that i LOOK like I've gained more than one pound for sure. Prior to getting pregnant, I was walking 2.5-3 miles 5 times a week. I got pregnant, got sick feeling and just stopped. And have yet to get back on. Its my goal this week to get back at it. I know i'm going to be big and semi miserable this summer but I dont want to make it worse by gaining more weight or losing more muscle than I have to.
My other goal for the week is to get a nutribullet and start making smoothies for breakfast (or one meal a day) with ALL the fruits and veggies I need each day. I want my nutrients to come from fresh fruits and veggies and NOT a vitamin. So please, if you know of some good starter recipes, i'd love to hear them! I know i need to include spinach/kale, etc. But i need it to taste more like fruit than veggies :-)
I figured I'd include my 15 week belly pics:
Heres a lame-o pic from 17 weeks that I just took of my own belly. This was around the time that our house sold and we were moving...
No comments:
Post a Comment