My appointment for my 38 week check up fell on 38weeks and 2 days b/c of Memorial day.
This weekend was FILLED with great stuff (Kunis wedding rehersal, wedding, memorial day...) and I'm hoping to get that stuff posted (along with a post of McKinnon's room!) this weekend before he comes! For now, i'll update you on the baby news :-)
Total Weight Gain: 29lbs
My BP: 98/60
Baby Heart Rate: 145bpm
Fundal Height: 42cm (4cm "big")
Estimated Baby Weight: 8.5lbs (ahhhhhhhhh!)
Cervical Changes: 1.5cm dialated
50% effaced
Baby Position: Head down and "as low as he can get" :-)
Well, lets just all hope that Dr Pohl's statement last week that "the estimated baby weight can be off by up to a pound" is correct. Otherwise, we're going to be looking at a 9 pounder! Hmmm... I'm praying for closer to 8 :-)
Dr Pohl scheduled our induction for Monday, June 6th at 9pm at Gwinnett Medical.
Youknow, when we scheduled the induction with Rhyan, I felt nervous about taking care of a baby but I wasnt really nervous about labor and delivery. In fact, I felt kind of excited to experience it (does this sound crazy?). Having a baby is a part of life I wanted to experience and felt like it was kind of a rite of passage of sorts.
This time, I feel sick at my stomach when I think about giving birth again. People can say that you forget the pain, but I dont agree. I think the pain was worth it in order to have Rhyan in our lives, but I have not forgotten the pain. I know that it is short lived and that I will heal quickly and thats the part I try to focus on, but I'm not looking forward to the delivery part :-)
I AM looking forward to having pictures of Mckinnon this go round (with Rhyan, i have very few pics of her right after birth... Jeff and I were both a little freaked out and forgot to take many PLUS our family didnt take any! So I dont have any of her getting her 1st bath, being weighed, etc..). This time, my fabulous sister in law, Liz, has agreed to come in the delivery room as soon as he's born to take pics. I'm VERY grateful for that! Part of me doesnt like the idea of ANYONE being in there b/c i know its a not so flattering time for me, but I also know that my regret of not having pics of Rhyan outweighs my desire to not have anyone in there. And she'll do a great job! So, again, i'm grateful. She even already took the day off for it! HOW SWEET!
I'm also looking forward to trying to nurse again. I'm really praying it'll work this go round. That my body will make enough milk and that I'll have learned from my experience with Rhyan and not repeat the same mistakes.
I've really enjoyed today with Rhyan. She's recouping from her double ear infection and along with the infection leaving her body, the demons have as well. HA! I'm kidding (sort of). The ear infection made her soooooo disobedient and cranky and whiny. Part of me wonders if she's more whiny (in general) around me b/c she senses something is up or if i'm looking for an excuse for her? She's great around everyone else but as soon as she sees me she starts whining! So annoying. But i'm trying to be patient and lovingly remind her to use her words. But today was GREAT! We had two little incidents right when she got up from nap, but other than that, it was the best day the two of us have had alone in a while.
I cut the backyard tonight :-) I love a freshly cut yard! Rhyan played in her water table and with her gardening tools for a long time. And we treated ourselves to D.Q. for dinner since Jeff was coaching summer ball in Athens. He has 2 games tomorrow and then none Sunday (yay!). He's promised to help me tomorrow morning get the floors mopped one last time and get the carseat in place, the pack and play set up and the swing brought upstairs. THEN, i'll feel "ready".
Anyways... I'm excited to be on maternity leave and am very much looking forward to the next 10 weeks with my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment