Oh, my slackness :-(
Fathers Day, we had big plans of going to sunday school!
Unfortunately, Mack had big plans of waking up every 2-2.5 hours throughout Sat night.
So those plans took a back burner to our desire to sleep, instead. *sigh*
I had big plans a week before Mack was born of getting Jeff cards from me, Rhyan and Mack.
Unfortunately, I totally forgot and so he had NO card waiting on him for Fathers day, despite the fact that I made 2 trips to walmart and target the week OF fathers day for diapers and formula.
Ok, on to the good stuff. I'm tired of beating myself up :-)
Jeff's family all came over for Fathers day lunch. His parents provided all of the food and we provided grandbabies. Nice trade! HAHA!
We enjoyed some bbq, cantaloupe, broccoli slaw and oreo pie (yum!) and of course one anothers company.
It may also be true that I was cleaning the house, thinking I had plenty of time to get ready when they showed up and i'd NOT had a shower (nor had i even donned undergarments at this point! haha). Lucky for me, my in-laws are great and didnt mind my rudeness of having to take a shower while they were here :-)
I forgot, also, to get any pics of the day. I'm going to regret that one for a while.
Back to some positives!
Jeff,
In lieu of a card, you're getting a blog shout-out :-) Thank you for not minding!
I absolutely could not ask for a better daddy for my children. You are patient and kind, playful and fun! You are creative and always look for a way to make the most mundane kind of days interesting with an impromptu bike ride or some toddler skinny dipping (b/c she slides down the slide of the pool better w/o clothes on, he says! LOL!). You also lovingly discipline your children, just as the Lord does for us.
You basically show Christ to our children on a daily basis. The way you love them warms my heart and makes me so grateful that I get to spend my life watching you be their dad. They are some blessed kiddo's, and i know that for whatever time their time should be here on earth, they will be well loved by their Daddy. Which, we hope, will help them to understand just how vast and deep and true the love their Heavenly Father has for them.
Thank you, too, for being a wonderful husband. I could go on about how great you have been since Mack arrived, but I wouldnt want your head to get too big all in one post :-)
I sincerely adore you. I love you. I treasure the gift that you are to me and our kids!
Kelly
I also want to give a big "Thank YOU!" to my father-in-law for being such a great role model for his sons. Andy, Jeff is just like you in so many ways! His playfulness is such an "Andy" trait! He's laid back like you are. He's flirtatious with me, just as you still flirt with your wife of "30 something billion years!". He is a good man. Just like you. So thank you.
Finally, this week my mind has been filled with memories I've shared with my own Daddy. As Rhyan and I sat on the back porch one evening this week, counting the airplanes that flew by, I was reminded of the countless evenings that I shared this exact memory with my Daddy. There are so many wonderful memories I'm blessed to cling to and it's amazing how sharing these moments with my own child makes me so grateful to have those moments with her (and one day with Mack).
But what makes me the MOST blessed is the fact that i know without a shadow of a doubt that these memories, while precious, will one day be replaced by a homecoming like no other when I will get to see my Daddy again, made whole! What a sweet promise we have in Christ for those who love him, and boy, did my Daddy love Him!
Point is, I'm one blessed lady. My kiddo's are 2 very blessed kids. And I like to think that the "Dad's" in our lives are pretty blessed themselves.
Hope your fathers day was spent with those you love, as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment