You should 1st off know that I am very open about the fact that i'm NOT creative nor am I "crafty". I hate scrapbooking with a passion (which is why i love that i'm able to keep up with this blog and turn it into a book!) and pretty much think its worth the money to pay for already done projects. I just couldnt find anything that suited me this time!
So off to hobby lobby I went in search of 2 things: 1. Fabric and 2. Wall art.
And finally, I found these cool letters that made a great way to decorate his room with his name!
(ps. in this pic there is a bumper pad that a sweet friend GAVE me... but its a pain in the toosh taking the mattress in and out w/ it in there so i've removed it since this pic... plus, sids hazard and all... I think we may just go without permanently.)
But I couldnt find any "Ford" items. Everything was Chevrolet, which doesnt really go seeing as how our last name IS Ford :-)
And then I remembered something: My Uncle Bobby has an old Ford truck that he's taken fabulous care of over the years. I knew then that it would be even more special if I could get some good pics of his truck, frame them and use it as the Ford art work i had been wanting!
So, you have to live and learn, youknow... I love this collection but I think i want to redo a couple of the pics so that I can have a little better lighting (with less glare) and possibly zoomed in a little less on the front of the truck. But overall, i'm loving this! The pics and the frames cost about $35 total! Not bad!
And as shown in proof above, I did sew Mack's curtains, bedskirt AND changing table cover :-) They are NOT perfect and I wouldnt want an inspection from a seamstress, but overall, they work. And the material cost me about $50 (well, my checkbook says otherwise but thats only b/c i bought WAY too much fabric... $50 worth would have easily have been enough!)We also wanted to re-use the dry sink that Jeff''s grandfather made for a changing table (we did this with Rhyan as well, until she outgrew it). But we needed a chest of drawers for his clothes... so we refinished one that his grandfather had also made and I think it turned out beautifully!
Lastly, my cousin, Lindy, gave me this frame for an ultrasound back at Christmas. I put Mack's 12 week ultrasound in it because we couldnt get a profile pic from his 20 week (boo). Along with a cross our Pastor and his wife gave us, I think it makes a great way to come into his room!
Hope you enjoyed the tour! I have ONE collage frame I'm still on the hunt for that matches one that Rhyan has in her room for his newborn pics, but thats just going to have to wait. I'm pretty sure he's not going to notice ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment