I LOVE our yearly tradition of Habachi
for Mothers day!!! YUM! The kids? Eh, its kind of just ok for them. They
dont really love the fire... but hey, its about the MOMS for once,
right?! ;-)
This
year, Jeff kind of randomly decided that we would tell the sex of the
baby on Mothers Day. His random surprises are not fun to me... I like to
think things out and try to plan... he gets a whim and thats it! So he
wrote in his Mom's card something about maybe she'd get a grandaughter
this year.
Which took her a minute to
kind of get that this was her way of telling her (b/c hello... it was
kind of a dumb way and could have easily have been just said in the card
in jest). So she showed it to Andy who said "so is that the answer? its
a girl?"
YES! Its a girl! (Sorry to my sweet inlaws that you were told in a wacko way like that)
Onto some cute pics! Jason and Avery!
And Liz! Who we all kind of suspected might be pregnant at this little shin dig but didnt want to ask ;-)
SHE IS! Due December!!
My little man... i find being a mommy to him a pure joy and incredibly frustrating all at the same time :-)
Ahhhh... my little angel Rhyan. My firstborn who made me a Mommy!
My boys... gosh, thats a handsome picture right there!!!
After dinner we always attempt some family shots... with the grandkids first! But Mack and Avery... well, between the two you're just NOT likely to get a good picture of everyone! HA!
This is Mack doing his "evil eyes". What the heck? Who knows...
Unfortunately, I think mack used up all his smiles with Gran and Grandad and had NONE left for Mommy!
Rhyan... always the big helper... trying to get Mack to look at the camera and smile!
And thats pretty much how pictures went! LOL! We had a great morning at church and a great time with Jeff's family!
That night was kind of hard, honestly. This was my first Mothers Day without my Mommie. And my mom's, too, obviously.
Our yearly tradition is that I take them out to Longhorns for Mothers day... but this year I just wasnt up for keeping that tradition. Instead, I offered to cook dinner for Mama at home to change things up... but still get her a steak :-). It turned out to be a good evening (but i forgot to take pics?!).
I'm so grateful that last Mothers Day, Mommie was doing pretty well and we had a great last time celebrating her at Longhorns. As much as I'd do just about anything to see her and talk to her again, I try so had to focus on the fact that we really were blessed that after ALLLLL of her sickness in 2012, we had some pretty good times in 2013. I'm grateful that my last Mothers day with her wasnt the one in 2012... those memories were not pretty.
And I look forward to the day when I can celebrate what a wondeful mother she was to me once again WITH her... and thank you, Jesus, that we get to cling to knowing we will be together again one day because of what you did for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment