Tuesday, September 2, 2014

39 week checkup

My last appointment with Dr Pohl before meeting our sweet girl!

Stats:
+3lbs (for a total of 28lbs i think)
BP: 96/58
Fundal Height: 39cm (for the 3rd week now)
Baby's heart rate: 140's

Basically, I got up that particular morning and felt straight up bad. My back was hurting so badly. I felt sick, etc... which i HOPED meant I might be progressing some in the cervical dilation department!

2cm dialated
60% effaced

So, yeah, not a lot of progress. But he did say my cervix was soft and said if I was induced I wouldnt need any cervical ripeners and would just start with some pitocin.

Which brought up the subject of whether or not to induce. He said he was ok w/ me going to 40 weeks if I wanted but that his one concern was Mack's delivery and his shoulder dystocia.  I asked why I might be measuring 39 weeks still (for 3 weeks in a row!) and he said its one of two things. Either the baby is growing side to side now instead of up and down or i may have a little lower amniotic fluid. Either way, he still felt ok with me going to 40 weeks if i preferred.

I asked him "if I were your wife or daughter, what would you do?" To me, this is the best way to get an honest answer out of a doctor. His answer was pretty simple "I'd get the baby out sooner rather than later because i just dont know the size and I'd hate for you to end up in the same situation as Mack again."

So, we scheduled the induction for Thursday morning. At 5am. OMG.

Jeff had already taken off work Thursday and Friday and i KNEW he would only take off 2 days max (lets dont really talk about that ok?) so i figured my best bet at having him home to help with the kids for at least 4 days was to deliver on a Thursday. Great way to decide when to meet your baby, huh ;-)

There you have it... we were about 48 hours away from meeting our daughter...

Time to decide on a NAME! :-)

No comments: