Monday, June 4, 2012

Mothers Day 2012: Part 2 (Sunday)

You know, I could write a peppy (aka: artificial) post about Mothers day this year or a realistic one. There are a lot of things I skip over in my blog from time to time to keep it upbeat but honestly, i want to remember this day as it was. A sweet and difficult blessing.

We started the day off with our usual breakfast made by Jeff. He's so great to take care of breakfast on the weekends! I love it! He and the kids had gotten me a card (this is the FIRST year that he has given me a card from the kids. he refused to give me one prior to this year b/c he believes it should be picked out by the kid and Rhyan couldnt/wouldnt before now. lame! but i'll admit, it did make my card more special since i knew she picked it!). We proceeded to enjoy church and came home for a relaxing afternoon.

Rhyan and I left as soon as she woke from nap to get our toes done! I loved this as a mothers day gift :-) Jeff had simply given me money for mothers day and said he knew there were several things I was wanting and to just get what i wanted. I wanted my toes done with part of the money, at least! ha! And i love sharing that time with my baby girl. Unfortunately, they were SUPER busy. So we both ended up just getting a color change. Oh well. We had fun. It was pouring rain and rhyan kept talking about how sad she was that we forgot her umbrella at home! She LOVES that thing!

Because of them being so busy, we ended up running "late" for our call ahead seating at Longhorn. I had told Mommie earlier in the week that I'd love nothing more than to take her to dinner like i did last year for Mothers Day (we took BOTH my moms :-) ). She was skeptical that she'd feel up for it but as the day grew closer, she kept talking about going so we went with it!

Mommie and Rhyan at Longhorn as we waited. None of these are great because Mommie kept telling Rhyan to look at the camera but then Mommie wasnt looking at the camera! HA! But I couldnt bring myself to not post them bc they make me laugh.

Mommie was actually rubbing Rhyans hair out of her face but Rhyan (again) wasnt looking at the camera!
Rhyan and her Grammy (my Mama!)
Lord, have mercy. Mack and I both look like FATTIES! For Mack, thats acceptable. For me- not so much!
At dinner, Mommie ate pretty decently (which is still like a BIRD) and we chatted a good bit. Mack found fun in making a game out of dropping his toys on the floor for his daddy to pick up :-) And Rhyan was slightly annoying her happy little self who had a hard time staying in her seat. She was so interested in everything there and kept wanting to eat the lemons/try everyones drinks/eat everyones food/cut her own oranges but then drop them on the floor. Geesh! I'm tired just thinking of the life of a 3 year old! HA!

My Mama is such a HUGE help with Rhyan, though (well, with both kids but Rhyan sat between Mommie and Mama) so it was all good :-)

As we went out, I remember asking Jeff to please be happy about it and to take some pics for us. I'm so grateful that he did! We got a couple of good ones! (except i have no clue why i'm stooping down which makes me, again, look like i'm huge)



When we got home, I told Mommie just how grateful I was for her and that I was so glad she got to come to eat. To which she replied something to the effect of, yeah, we need to do things like this as much as we can and spend as much time as we can together because I wont be here much longer.

Wow. Way to end the day.

And I got in the car and cried. Because truthfully, this could be my last mothers day with Mommie. And that reality is just hard.

But then, it could be that we get to share 2 or 3 or 10 more! All i know is that the Lord's plans are good and I have to choose to trust him with each day and not focus too much on the "years from now" phase right now. Day by day.

And on this Mothers Day, I was (and continue to be) SO grateful for the time I got to spend with my Moms. I have been blessed to have my Mama and Mommie in my life and they have each meant so much to me in different ways. I am who I am because of them (and my Daddy).

So, thank you Lord for this sweet day and time with Mommie (specifically). She had a good day and any good day for her is a GREAT one for me

No comments: