Each Saturday leading into Mothers Day, the Ford family celebrates with a hibachi dinner at the Kani House in Buford. Jason and Liz originally suggested it and its stuck. And we all love it! The first year, Rhyan was scared of the fire that the cook makes. This year was no different... But, this year was different because of the addition of Mack, Rhyan's newfound ability of using cheater chopsticks, and baby Avery being in Liz's tummy! :-)
Jason, Liz and soon to arrive baby Avery :-)
The Ford Clan
My, thats a nice earlobe you have there, Grandad
LOVE this pic of Rhyan and her Uncle Jason. She gets her pretty blue eyes from him!
We really enjoyed celebrating Mothers day together. Mack loved the whole experience and was soooo good the whole time. Rhyan overcame her fear of the fire (jeff literally bribed her with one of mack's puffs... she loves those little foods) and I was super proud of her. Mack loved pretty much all the foods we offered for him to try, including shrimp. I remember looking at Jeff as he gave him a bite and saying "well, i guess we'll know shortly if he has a shellfish allergy" and laughing about how with Rhyan we were so careful to introduce foods independently from one another and watched closely for reactions but that now with Mack we are so much more relaxed (not irresponsible relaxed, just more aware that we cant do anything about it if he does have an allergy so you just have to offer foods and see). Interesting.
I'm very grateful for my mother in law and sister in law. And despite the fact that Jeff and I spent the majority of the time at dinner wrangling our children (haha), I loved celebrating those two mothers in my life via some good old food and family time!
1 comment:
Going out to eat is totally different with two huh?!?
Post a Comment