Friday, May 25, 2012

Liz's BABY shower!!

My sister in law is PREGGO!!! Have i mentioned that yet on here?! I'm gonna be an aunt to a little GIRL: Avery Elizabeth. How very very sweet! And EXCITING!!! Rhyan will have a girl cousin :-) 

I had offered to throw a shower for Liz when we first found out she was expecting and I ended up pairing up with Lori King and Liz's BCF (best college friend) Carrie Cork to throw a baby books shower. Liz had thrown a shower for me when I was preggo with mack that was this theme and it was super cute! So we repaid the favor!
The thank you's were little note pads that Lori and some friends MADE. Cardboard backing, 50 or so pieces of white paper and then a pretty cover page. Apparently if you put abotu 6-7 layers of rubber cement across the top and then peel off the extra glue when it dries, it makes a note pad. Clever! We paired it with a book mark that Carrie made :-)

A collection of books that I gave her: God Gave Us You, On the Night You were Born and Good Morning Good Night. 3 of my favorites :-)

Liz has gotten a TON of great gifts but i have a feeling that this boppy will get TONS of use!





We played two games. One that i inappropriately named "baby scategories" except you dont compare your answers. Basically, if you could come up with a baby related item that started with each letter of the alphabet, you win :-) They got creative!
The other game was to create your own baby out of playdough. This was our winner.. "tummy time baby"
Every good contest has a final 4, right?! Cute swaddles, ladies!



Ok, in the pic above, the girl on the left is named amanda and she is the one who MADE (from scratch, by hand) the cake below. The girl is MEGA talented! And she does it for FUN and free for her close friends! What an amazing gift she has! She even made Liz's wedding cake and it was FABULOUS!



We had a WONDERFUL time celebrating little Avery and I cant wait to meet her!!!! (Due July 15!)

No comments: