Tuesday, November 30, 2010

McKinnon Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving day was a bit interesting for us this year. Rhyan was not herself and so we spent a good bit of time consoling her and trying to figure out what was wrong. The nice thing about this year is that it was just family. No "strays". haha! Just kidding. I like it just fine when people in the family invite friends to come. After all, no one wants a friend to not have a place to go for Thanksgiving! But at the same time, its really nice when you have the occasional year of it just being family. No awkward silences. No trying to figure out what to talk about... just the comfort of family :-) So that was really, really nice. AND, everyone got along (mostly) for most of the day. Miracle you ask? Yes. Definitely.

I enjoyed this year because i had an excuse to wear my stretchy preggo jeans :-) I mean, who doesnt love stretchy pants for turkey day?!

Rhyan was clearly not feeling her happy self :-(

Mama, Mommie and Jonathan... and the yummo food, of course!

Rhyan wouldnt stay in her seat w/o crying, so i tried to eat, feed her and hold her :-(

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. nuff said.

Mama trying to comfort poor little Rhyan on the front porch swing.

Finally, Mommie found something that made her happy. She filled up a bucket, stripped her down (the back porch is heated and enclosed) and let her play in water! lol. Gotta love "grandmother" :-) She will do ANYTHING to make my baby happy!


Dip in the water....


... and pour it ALL over yourself! hahah....
I always love thanksgiving with my family. The food is just. so. yummy. The desserts are fab. And we always love time with my crazy family :-)

Thanksgiving night, Shlaine and I always decorate Mommie's Christmas tree. We kept with tradition (after watching survivor, of course!) and then retired to Shlaine's house to get our game plan ready for black friday.

Y'all, we got up at 2:30 am to be at Kohls by 3am on friday. And i'm telling you the truth, i thought i would DIE! I've never been so glad for it to be a year that shlaine had to drive :-) She, of course, hated it! haha. We shopped and shopped and shopped and on the way home, I fell asleep. Thats kind of against the "rules", but she forgave me b/c of the pregnancy. She actually said i snored! HAHAHAH! I think that makes year 13 or 14 of shopping on Black Friday with Shlaine. We will both tell you that its miserable, so we're not sure why we do it, but its tradition, and not one we plan to give up until we (or rather, Shlaine) is too old to go! lol.

No comments: