When we got back from Disney, my #1 goal was to get the yard all cleaned up and flower beds de-weeded so that we could have her little get together in the yard! We love our yard and the back yard is always cool out under the shade of the pecan trees!
I was SO proud of how cute the gazebo turned out! Jonathan built this for Mommie several years ago... she had been wanting one for a LONG time and I think it really is super nice :-) A great set up for a party!
We planned the party for 5pm and were having hamburgers and hotdogs and the like... Well, Shlaine and Steve came a few minutes early (with some extra tables!) and immediately Steve came to the grill where I was working hard to show me his doppler radar on his phone. What was slated to be a beautiful day suddenly was about to turn wicked. There was a pretty nasty storm headed our way... in 20 minutes!
We kept an eye on the sky and continued to enjoy the outdoors for a little bit! I even got a preggo pic with my friend, Melissa. I'm SO excited that we are both having our 3rd babies together! 2 weeks apart!
For the record, I am 2 weeks farther along than Melissa... a girl for us, a boy for them. They will be betrothed ;-). Its already decided!
SO... right on time, a big storm came! :-( So the family was super nice to help us move EVERYTHING onto the front porch. We definitely tested the limits of that porch and how many people it would hold!
The wind started picking up and it was making it not so fun to be outside anymore, so we headed indoors for cake and presents. This was the first time I had a really hard time with our "new" house. Yes, I grew up there and was used to it being super crowded at Christmas, etc. But I'm used to us being able to have lots of people over comfortably and never have to worry about people feeling crowded. This was a first for me... luckily, most everyone there was family who are also used to the tight spaces. And on the upside, it totally did NOT bother Rhyan, who had a great time, anyways!!!
Jeff helped Rhyan open all her gifts and I had to take pics with my camera phone bc (surprise surprise) I had forgotten to 1. Charge the battery and 2. Download the memory card.
Gran and Grandad bought her some super cute clothes! And had already given towards her seasons pass to Lanier World (which we took FULL advantage of this year and had a great time!)
She also racked up with a total of $60! From her uncle Jonathan, Aunt Marsha and Uncle Bobby, Grammy, and Tracy!
This face! This gift was by far the one she showed the most excitement over... from Shlaine and Steve!
A disney princess water globe! She LOVES it and its one of her favorite decorations :-)
Her Grammy also got her a little Mermaid dress up dress! She loved it!!
Sweet Avery!
We had a great time celebrating our sweet Rhyan and a huge thank you to everyone who came out!
No comments:
Post a Comment