Sunday, August 3, 2014

A letter to our Rhyan

My Sweet Rhyan

I dont even know what words to use to tell you how grateful I am to be your Mommy! You are such a sweet sweet blessing to me and your Daddy!

This year has been a really BIG one for you! You started pre-k and did awesome! You've learned so much in school this year and I've been so proud of how you've stayed on "green" or even gone to "purple" for going above and beyond so often. You are such a big helper in school and around the house!

You love to get yourself dressed each morning and brush your own teeth. You make your bed almost every morning without being asked! We also cook together and you love to take part in pretty much anything your Daddy or I are doing!

You have also started weaning off from your daily nap this year. Its gotten to where if you take a nap, you take a really long time to fall asleep at night. But still, you cant skip it every day or you get super cranky! So we are trying to figure out what to do about that... typically we are having you "rest" each day in your room with some books, coloring things, etc. Sometimes you fall asleep, sometimes you dont. But it seems to be working pretty well for you!

This year you've also turned into my peanut butter and jelly ONLY eating kid. Where did my squash casserole baby go?! ;-) Your tastes have become much more distinct and you will only eat certain things. We continue to offer normal healthy foods and withold snacks if you dont eat well as an encouragement to get you to try different foods. And some days you love green beans and others you tell me you dont like them. Thats new for us and we just try to make sure you eat as healthy as you can...

You also learned this year that you are going to be a big sister again! And I am THRILLED at how excited you've been about it! This little baby in my belly is going to be SO lucky to have you to look after her and love on her!

You continue to love to dance and sing and play dress up. I've enjoyed many a cup of coffee from your pretend kitchen and you've also learned to build so many things with your magnatiles! Your favorite book is your bible and you love learning your memory verses each week from Church! You are finally coming out of your shell just a little and making a few little friends! And you LOVE all things disney! Princesses are for sure #1 for you!

I love that you are my best shopping buddy and that we sit on the swing and sing and laugh together. I LOVE how you give the best compliments and always remind me when we need to get our toes done together. I love you, Rhyan. You are my "angel girl" and my "favorite girl in the world"... truly, you bring so much joy to my heart and its SUCH a joy to watch you grow and learn!

Sometimes I feel badly that you're our first because we make the most mistakes with you, I'm sure. We arent 100% sure on how to handle each situation that comes up or how best to teach you certain things, but I hope that you always know that your Daddy and I ADORE you and that every decision we make is out of love for you!

I'm SO excited to see you continue to learn and grow and develop more opinions and likes and dislikes as we learn just who God created you to be!!!

WE LOVE YOU!!
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: