Friday, July 18, 2014

Disney! Day 5 *evening!!!

After our fun morning at Animal Kingdom,we made it back to the hotel around 2:45 and took some good, long naps. I dont think we all got up until around 5:30... and then we headed to the POOL!

The Art of Animation Resort has 3 pools. A Car themed pool on one side of the resort (opposite side than we were on so we actually never even walked over to see it! The resort is huge and we did plenty of walking around without walking over there to check out that pool), a Little Mermaid themed pool on our side and the "Big Blue" pool in the middle, just outside of the eatery. Its the biggest pool on any disney resort AND there was music that played under the water. Mack, especially, found that to be quite amusing!

It was pretty cool in the evening... it had been hot and the sun was shining till about 2 minutes after we got to the pool... when a big cloud covered the sun and it stayed that way the entire time we were there!
So, I opted to take some pics and talk with my mom on the phone for a few minutes while the kids swam
To the guy behind Jeff, can I just say... eww? Poor fella is one hairy dude! EEK!

As you can tell from the pics, the resort (and Disney in general) wasnt really all that crowded!!!
We swam for about 45 min and then got all dried off and headed in for dinner in the eatery. By this time, we had really figured out a system and figured out what food we liked, and didnt like.

When I had scheduled the trip, i decided to take out a Disney credit card so that we would get a $200 gift card for use in Disney (for putting so much of a balance on the card and we, of course, paid it off immediately). So I brought that gift card that night so we could splurge on some desserts for Jeffs Bday!

Drama of the week to follow...

On the way back to our room we took the time to pose with some of the "characters" along the way!
Notice Mack in the background here screaming... he didnt want his pic taken UNTIL I took Rhyans! ha!






The elephant graveyard play area was tons of fun for the kids... its just some tunnels, but they loved it!

















Rhyan cracked me up with how she wanted to pose like each of the figurines!



The view from our room of the resort. Keep in mind that you can only see the Little Mermaid part here and some of the lion king. The resort was seriously huge! And so clean and well kept! Our room may have been tiny, but the resort over all was massive! There was even laundry mats in each area (which I used to clean Mack's carseat cover that he tee tee'd on when he fell asleep in the car once)!

I'll share the drama I previously referred to in tomorrows post. It was a doozie! ;-)






No comments: