Saturday, February 15, 2014

Christmas Party: Jones Smiles Style!

With this being my first year at Dr Jones office, I wasnt sure what to expect in terms of Christmas party, etc. But man, I was pretty stoked when I found out that we do a Christmas party at a restaurant and a white elephant ornament exchange. Sounded like yummy fun to me!

We had the party on a Saturday evening at a little place in downtown Buford called Aqua Terra. I remembered Liz holding her bridesmaids luncheon there and it being really great so i was pretty excited! Plus, Jeff and I dont get out on official dates (especially with other adults!) very often so we were like teenage kids all excited to get dressed up and go out :-)

It ended up being a drizzly night and pretty chilly so I kind of dressed for warmth. I had also just found out that week that I'm PREGNANT! So in general Jeff and I were just excited to be celebrating so much!

When we all arrived we just mingled for a bit. Which turned out to be funny because as it turned out, all the girls were on one side of the room and the boys on the other... like a middle school dance. HA! Then, we got seated and started with the appetizers! Oh goodness, they had 2 or 3, I think, and all of them were so yummy! I'd love to go back and try it again!!!
Dr Jones and his beautiful wife, Margaret. I am so blessed by these two wonderful people!
Laurie and Todd
We had such a great time at dinner hearing all about the last 2 years of Christmas parties at the office. Dr Jones and Margaret literally opened the office towards the end of 2011 so it was just the two of them working that first year. Then they added Kimberly at the front desk. Then an assistant. Then a hygienist. And last year they added our patient treatment coordinator and ME! I'm so grateful to be a part of this group!


Steve, Shae's boyfriend (we're gonna make sure he makes her a Mrs again one day, though! ha!)
After dinner we had a great time at the white elephant ornament exchange!
Angela had brought this hilarious ornament of this curly headed guy lifting weights and had it personalized with "Dr Jones". Laurie lucked up on this little jewel, which promptly got stolen! LOL!
Doesnt Todd seem thrilled with his pretty ornament?! ;-) Btw, he and Jeff got along great all night!
Can you believe that THIS ornament got stolen from Jeff?! Seriously!HA!
Stolen by Angela and her hubby Jason! (Angela is trying to mimmic the ornament)

Angela got one ornament that we brought... Justin Beiber ;-)
After Lauries got stolen, she got this jewel... Kiss. Oh my
Shae!
Kimberly (with the ornament I brought to exchange)
And Nick (who is interning with us and going to Dental School this summer) got the best one of all; an Obama ornament! LOL!
After the exchange, we presented Dr Jones and Margaret with their gift basket from all of us. Complete with a gift certificate for the cheesecake factory, a movie giftcard, a giftcard for the mall (visa) and some little goodies along with $50 cash for a babysitter... Date night in a basket! :-)

And then, we all enjoyed dessert. Which wasnt just enjoyable, it was insanely good. Chocolate godiva cheesecake. Oh my! Jeff and I shared one but my word, it was yum!
And then made an attempt at a couple of group shots!



Jeff and I. I was literally about 5 weeks preggo and not telling a soul yet! ;-)
Jason and Angela
Dr Jones and Margaret!

Idk why I didnt get a couple pic of Kimberly and Jackson or Shae and Steve or Laurie and Todd. Or solo man Nick ;-) Guess I snapped away at whoever volunteered?!

Dr Jones and Margaret also gifted each of us with a very sweet card and giftcard. Last year he gave gift certificates to Chateau Elan's spa but said that with Nick working there this year he didnt know if he would appreciate that like the ladies do ;-). That Dr Jones is a smart fella! HA!

We really did have a great time getting to spend time socially with my coworkers. When we left Jeff said "man, they are all really really nice! i can see why you like working there". And its true. We have the best group of kind, genuine, caring people I've ever known. And I cant wait to work with them for as long as they will let me :-)


No comments: