Friday, January 29, 2010

9 month checkup

I have no idea where the time went, but our baby is 9 months old now. AHHH!!
I love this pic because its her new thing to prop her arm up on her little leg. It reminds me of my Daddy and makes me smile :-)

I took her to the Dr today for the 9 month check up. It was pretty uneventful. She weighs 19lbs 15.9oz which is the 69% and she is 28.9inches long which puts her in t he 87%. She's not as big weight wise b/c of her sickness over the last couple of weeks. She just wouldnt eat well.
Rhyan is slightly developmentally behind in her gross motor skills. This is because of her neck and reflux issues. The Dr said we're doing everything right and to not worry, she'll catch up. Little does the Dr know, i'm not worried :-) We've been dealing with her being developmentally behind because of her neck since she was 2 months old. We're used to it. We work on it, but we're not worried about it.
This bib is her college fund. "Kisses: 25cents" lol

She also said that her verbal skills are GREAT and her fine motor skills are doing well, also. That its really just her tummy strength that is lagging which makes it difficult for her to pull up or crawl. It will come, i assured her :-) lol. Rhyan has consistently been about 1-2 months behind on rolling both ways, sitting up, pushing herself to prone while on her tummy... its just expected that crawling will come a little later, too. She did note, however, that her legs are really strong and that she might just start running one day and skip crawling and walking. haha...

She encouraged even more table food and said the only things "off limits" are cows milk and peanut products. Otherwise, she's good to go. All meats, all veggies, all fruits are ok. Good thing since i've been giving her chicken lately :-)

Ok, so all is well here. Monday we'll know more about her neck. OH!!! The baby crawling boot camp is going well and she got up on her knees on her own yesterday for the first time (at tracys house, of course... where theres brand new, plush carpeting). She is a princess and will only do new things in her bed or at tracys... she's not doing hard things on the hardwoods around here! Smart girl :-)

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Gosh she and Macy are so alike! It was like overnight she started crawling and walking- but I was worried that she was developing slow. And- she started doing a lot of that stuff after her surgery- so fingers crossed!

Emily said...

Sounds like she's doing great! I really recommend the wholesomebabyfood website for dos and don't of foods! sweet potatoes, prunes, bananas, and butter beans are HITS in our house! :) Eating "real" food is SO much more fun than the baby stuff!!!

KatieMGreen said...

she's so CUTE Kelly!!!! she seems to have such a fun personality!!!

Allison Wolfe said...

She is precious...I love her little teeth. I worry about Abigail sitting up as well, but I worried about the rolling over too, and it was like all of a sudden she did it, and she wouldn't stop! I think we are going to need a cushy rug here to motivate her!

Nana Julie said...

I love her smile! She is just so cute!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Quickly Find HD Movies, Games, Music, Software & Download Them at Alarming Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]