Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sorry Guys!

Sorry I've not posted well, lately. Unfortunately, that trend will continue :-( Like most of you this time of year, I am absolutely overwhelmed with way too much to do and far too little time.

In case any of you care, one of the biggest things going on right now is the start of the discipleship ministry at our church. I am the chairperson of a previously non-existent team. Staff positions have done in the past what our team is currently attempting to accomplish after over a year and a half of the ministry being leaderless. Its a huge task, but one well worth the effort.

Our plan is to implement classes (6-7 classes for adults, 2-3 for youth, 2-3 for kids) for all ages on Sunday nights starting mid January. We are hand picking facilitators to lead these classes, attempting to choose material, have a training class for all "leaders", make a brochure for the winter semester, have a "kickoff" lunch after church one sunday to push the ministry, start registration that day, order materials for those who register and then give them classes to meet in and let it roll! Its VERY exciting b/c we have a fairly spiritually immature church who I think will be moved by learning to dig deep into Gods Word. In fact, our team is clinging to the promise that Gods Word "does not return void"!

Jeff and I, because our marriage is the example for all to follow (insert chuckle here), will be leading a married couples class. We are currently deciding on material but may lean towards a combo of the 5 love languages and For men/women only. These 2 resources would combine to make for a 12 week semester. The other possibility is some material called "Making love last forever". We're still praying about what to do and trying to read through the material. Jeff has promised that if I lead the class (b/c he already teaches a sunday school class) that he'll be the sex appeal that draws the masses to our class :-). I know, gag. Haha.

I've also said "yes" to teaching some extra days. I'll be at Collins Hill tomorrow AND Monday meaning I'll only get a 2 day weekend like "regular" folks. I dont see how you "regular" folks do it :-). I'm exhausted.

And the Christmas musical is on the 13th... in which I have a solo that I have yet to learn (i'm such a good steward, huh?) and a trio I have yet to practice in.

These are all GREAT things! I'm grateful for them all... but they seem to be piling on all in such a short time. So as soon as i get time, i'll try to upload some pics and such, but for now, bear with my blog slothfulness :-)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

wow you are superwoman! I am very impressed! God is using the Ford's!