Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I typically do not make resolutions... the word resolution implies that i have the resolve to see it through. Lets face it... I might not. So instead, i set goals. Is there much difference? No. But it makes me less stressed to say its just a goal :-)
So, here they are.
1. Lay off the trash t.v. (ie: keeping up with the kardashians)
2. While watching The Young and the Restless (NOT trash tv), be on the elliptical.
3. Make it a point to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day.
4. Start piano lessons at some point this year.
5. Deal with stress in more productive ways... like, NOT being rude to jeff :-)
6. Read.
7. Finish what I start.
Additions:
8. Meet my blog friend Rachael :-)
9. Meet my blog friend Emily
10. Run the Warrior Dash in May (and complete it)

I love to read but have a tendency to start books and not finish them. Which in turn stresses me out b/c i feel "unfinished". This makes me be rude to Jeff b/c somehow he is to blame, right?! :-)
In general, i'd like to attend to my lack of discipline which i feel defines me. I'm gonna be 30 this year (*gasp*) and I dont want to be known as someone who lacks discipline with my tongue, with my body, with my walk with the Lord, etc... I want to be disciplined with my time so that I can enjoy the opportunities i have to goof off and spend with my family. So by working on time management, i'll be less stressed, more enjoyable and will be a more of a blessing to my family, and those around me. This is my goal in general.

What goals do you have for 2010?
PS. I promise i'll post Christmas pics one day soon...

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Is staying sane a goal? That is all I am going to resolve to do. :) I can't believe you are going to be thirty- you are a good looking 29! :) How about we make it a goal to MEET in 2010 :)

Josh and Donna said...

i love the christmas pic at the top! we are giong hard core with fitness and healthy eating. i also agree w/ self discipline and time management. great minds think alike! happy new year!

Emily said...

i wanna see my blog friend rachael too!!! we have the same goal :)she's a good blog friend to have!

Emily said...

I know!!! other babywise moms are hard to find! my email is deliasgoddess33@aol.com (I know it's lame but it's left over from when I was like 13 haha). I found you through Rachael! I love how fun it is to find new people through blogging :)
Emily

nLk said...

i love keeping up with the kardashians too and also try to stay away. and i'm mean to brett when i'm stressed (which unfortunately seems often). i think we need to hang out and counsel each other :)