Saturday, October 3, 2009

Loving FALL!!

Fall is by far my very favorite time of year. I can leave the windows open and not be covered in pollen! The temperature is just ideal. There is nothing better than sitting on the back porch and eating breakfast while doing my bible study on a cool morning while Rhyan takes her nap! PERFECTION is found in fall :-)

Ok, now that i've gushed about how much i love this time of year... on to an update on Rhyan. She is doing really well again w/ her helmet. There is one small place on the back of her neck that we need to have adjusted. But its small and not that bad. So she's still wearing it in the meantime. I think we caught her in a growth spurt when we got the helmet. Richard (the helmet dude) said if you do, you tend to have a couple of rough weeks at the beginning b/c of the baby's head growing. So you need more adjustments. The upside is that you see change more quickly. And i have to say that Jeff and I both think her head is already looking better. AMAZING!!!

Last night we had the most upsetting thing happen. At just before midnight, Rhyan woke up crying (hard). Not like she was hurting... rather, as if something had upset or scared her. She hasnt woken up in the night since she was 8 weeks old so it scared me to death! I jumped out of bed to run to her and as i was trying to call for help, my voice would barely work. I was that scared. Keep in mind, she was fine! But my heart was so upset at hearing her cry out of no where. I held her, changed her and cried over her long after she had quit crying. After making sure nothing was wrong, we put her back to bed. Jeff said he thought maybe she had a bad dream! POOR BABY!!! She went right back to sleep. I, however, lay in bed crying and so shook up for a good 10 minutes. Jeff prayed for her (and me) and i tried SO hard to get over it... I still cant believe how it affected me. She almost NEVER cries. And i'm glad. My heart cant really take it.

Anyways, all is well around here. I guess i got a "wake up call" so to speak last night of just how much i love and long to protect my little girl. Even from bad dreams! :-)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Macy has done that too! Usually its from a nap though. It is like a terrified cry.... so weird. I couldn't get in their fast enough! You are such a sweet mom...:) SO awesome you can see improvements! It will be a while before we see any in Macy I think

Linda said...

marah's struggling thru her first cold. it's totally reaking havoc w/ her night time sleep. i was up twice last night to a crying baby. eek!

Josh and Donna said...

haha! my mom in law was signed into google and i didn't know it. yep, that was me!