
Its been 3 years now. 3 years of life continuing at a pace that I can barely keep up with. Of season changes, birthdays and holidays coming and going. 3 years of having to live life without my Daddy.
And yet, time has not healed all wounds. I find it doubtful that it ever will.
There has never been a better Daddy. Ever.
Childhood memories take me back to when he was strong and full of life. To a time when he chose where and when he would go. When his days were consumed with choosing the right kind of wood to make his newest project with.
It was a good home to grow up in. Better than good, actually.
But his new home is perfect and in it all things are made right. His back is young and strong again. He stands tall. His feet no longer a burden. His heart, through Christ, made complete and whole again.
And one day, after the pace of this life is too much for me to sustain, I will join him. And get to spend eternity with my heavenly Father, and my earthly father who taught me to love Him. Short of having Daddy from 20 years ago here with me now, I can think of nothing greater.
2 comments:
so sweet. love the pic. and you!
Such a sweet post. I know it's even harder after you have a child, as you wish he could see her. Derrick's mother passed away when he was 11, and I know he wishes she could be here with her granddaughter.
Post a Comment