Sunday, March 29, 2015

Lainey Reulet: 7 months

Lainey's 6th month of life has brought lots of changes (as always!. Lots of FUN changes!!! 

 
 At the beginning of when she turned 6 months, she was still only sitting tripod. But by her 7th month bday she was sitting SOLO (for a couple of minutes at a time!). The longest she's sat unassisted as of her 7mo is 4.5 min :-). So she's well on her way!

And sometimes when I look at her eyes from the side (not straight on) I think they are turning green, like her Daddy's. How fun would that be to have 3 kids with different color eyes?! One blue, one brown and one green?! I mean, i NEVER thought I'd have anything other than brown eyed babies! But I guess my dominant brown eye gene is a recessive one. So, YAY!


In Lainey's 6th month, she had some teething pain, but NO teeth yet. And a trip to the Dr (urgent care, actually) because she got CROUP! On a Sunday, of course. Never do kids get sick when their regular pediatrician is in the office, right?! ;-). She had the barking cough at night, etc, but a couple of doses of steroids (which had no negative side effects! yay!) and she was good as new. Mostly. Funny thing is, she had been going through a week of not sleeping well at night which I had decided to deal with via CIO but then... sick! And of course I"m not going to let her cry if she's sick (duh). Good news is she went back to sleeping well with the meds (her body's way of healing, i'm sure) so we never had to let her cry! YAY!

At 7 months old, Lainey is:
  • juuuuuuust now getting into 6-9 month clothes. They are still pretty long on her. And 3-6 month still fits in the length, but not so much in the width. HA! Except onesie's... some of those sleepers are still long enough and some are getting tighter so I'm just going ahead and moving her on up this month.
  • in size 3 pampers
  • on a 4 hour schedule
  • NO more evening catnap. Down to 2 naps a day, meaning she's really tired by bedtime. So most nights I go ahead and do her short bath at 6:30 and feed her and put her straight to bed... usually by 7pm she's snoozing already
  • Loving the exersaucer! Finally! She does well in it for about 10-15 min
  • Doing great with independent play time each day. I'm doing it a little against the rules and because she's not really mobile, I've been doing it in her exersaucer or even just on her floor in her room (with the room totally cleared minus 5-6 toys). She REALLY likes the solo floor time and she will try to get toys she cant reach when I'm not there to help that when I am she will just fuss for. So I think its been GREAT for helping her to work towards mobility. In fact, the last day before she turned 7 months you can tell she was TRYING to scoot!
  • Getting on hands and knees in her bed. She realllllly trying on the floor, too!
  • Not digging being put into the carseat. She does FINE once we are on the go, but just doesnt like the strapping in process...





























No comments: