Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015

So August consisted of Rhyan starting school, getting moved BACK into our house after renovations were finished (working on one big post on that), having Lainey (5 days after getting moved back in!), and trying to figure out life as a family of 5!

 So we figured why not start out September with our first TRIP as a family of 5. I mean, we had a 2 week old baby... no biggie, right!? ha!

We decided to head up to Sky Valley to spend the weekend with Jeff's parents at their mountain house. Funny start to the trip: we were about 15 min from home and getting gas when I had this gut feeling we had forgotten something BIG. I looked around the van trying to figure out what we had forgotten when all the sudden it dawned on me... SPUD! We had forgotten spud! We had his bed and food and leash, but noooo Spud! Thank Goodness, my mom was sweet enough to go pick him up from our house and take care of him... whew! FAIL! HA!

For most of the weekend, Jeff took the big kids to explore while I stayed at the house with Lainey. I MAY have been a bit of a baby hog that weekend... I'm not sure that Andy or Ronni held Lainey that weekend. Like, at all. EEK! I didnt realize it... they didnt ask to hold her and I was still in the "hold her all the time" phase (funny... i never really had that phase with Rhyan b/c I was a freaked out first time mom! Then with Mack he cried soooo much in the beginning with his tummy issues that I HAD to hold him so I appreciated a break... but with Lainey being our last baby I just couldnt soak it up enough! Last baby "spoiled" problems...).

But we did venture out as a family to the waterfall together which was a nice little treat!




















We enjoyed the pancake breakfast, as well, of course! And just enjoyed a time of relaxing :-). Lainey did well on her first trip and slept pretty well, waking once a night to eat and go back to sleep... we had finally hit the one time a night waking and were super grateful for that!

It was a great time with family, as always!

No comments: