Friday, February 20, 2015

Getting Rhyan ready for SCHOOL!

 Im honestly amazed that Rhyan is old enough for kindergarten! But i KNEW before her first day that she would love it and was ready! I mean, I also knew that she wouldnt like the long day... but as for the learning, she was ready!

But of course, I was not really ready... :-(. You know, when I was pregnant with my sweet firstborn, I thought of all the firsts we would experience with her! I just didnt expect it to come so quickly. And once school starts, you live your life by the school calendar.. which FLIES by! Its SO bittersweet.

So leading up to school starting, I made sure to take time to cuddle my baby a little more... after all, there were LOTS of changes last year (losing Mommie, moving-twice!, house renovations, a baby on the way and starting kindergarten!)

 

 
 And then we, of course, had to take care of business... haircuts before the big first day!!!
 

 

 

 

 We had a meet the teacher evening that I took the kiddo's to (even though I already knew Rhyan's teacher... she's AMAZING and we grew up together in school!). While Amanda and I were going over some things, Rhyan and Mack were super good and sat and looked at books :-)


She was SO excited to learn to READ in school! It was what she was most looking forward to!
And then... her first day of school! I had to work that day but went in late so that I could take my baby and drop her off on her first day! She was so excited to pick out her clothes and she looked so cute!






When I grow up I want to be a: PRINCESS!

 I walked her in on her first day (man, the kindergarten hall was CROWDED!). She was nervous, as I expected. Excited, but nervous.

When Rhyan gets nervous or sad in public she does EXACTLY what I do/did as a kid. She gets super quiet, wants to be left alone and tries not to show any emotion. It breaks my heart, but I get it. Like I said, I'm the same way... So I tried to get her pic with Amanda (Mrs. Acres) and obviously that didnt go so well... ha! And when I left, she had retreated to the reading nook to look at books. My sweet, sweet girl!
 

 
I also got off early so that I could be home when she got off the bus as well! SO SO cute!!!
Not surprisingly, she didnt have a lot to say about her first day. The one thing she repeated over and over was "it takes too long" (aka: too long of a day). HA! And honestly, I felt the same way!
 But truly, she did have a great first day. I had emailed Amanda to see how it was going since I could tell she was sad when I left but she reported that Rhyan was doing GREAT and was have a great day!

I'm so proud of our girl!




No comments: