I took these pictures on Lainey's one month birthday. She loves tummy time! We didnt start doing it regularly until right at 3 weeks old in order to get her reflux under control... but once we did, wow. She loved it! Which makes me so so happy because neither Rhyan or Mack ever enjoyed it!
Speaking of Mack and Rhyan... they are still totally in love with little Lainey! Mack loves to give her hugs and kisses, but only on her forehead ;-). Its super sweet!
Look at our strong girl! She is super steady with her head already and is already pushing up with her arms!
Rhyan loves to help feed Lainey! She also helps by getting a diaper and a wipe when its time!
Lainey's One Month Stats:
Length- 21" (38%)
Weight- 7lbs 1.7oz (44%)
Head Circumference- 14.5" (39%)
At one month old Lainey is:
- Still in newborn clothes
- Just moved out of newborn diapers the week she turned a month old
- Eating 2.5-3oz at 7,10,1,4, and 7.
- Waking once in the MOTN around 1am and a second time around 4am. Some nights she goes longer on that first stretch, even to 3am at times! But generally its between 1-2.
- On 3mL of prilosec twice a day for reflux
- Seeing the chiropractor to help with the tummy issues
- Started doing CIO at 4 weeks and we let her cry in 15-20 min increments at the start of naps and nighttime. The first 2-3 days were the pits (as always) but then it got to where we only have to go in and give the paci once! Progress!
- Smiling spontaneously!
- Smiling in response to our smiles
- LOVING bath time! She is so cute and just lays quietly while I wash her hair. Its an instantly calming thing for her!
- Startling at noises, etc.
- Dealing with a good bit of gas and using gas drops before each nap.
- Eating Similac Alimentum (the culprit of the gas...)
LOL!!!
OK, so lets get to some sweeter pics where she doesnt look like she hates life ;-)
The whites of her eyes are pretty blue, which according to my friend, Emily, can mean that her eyes will be blue! Pretty exciting :-) Blue eyes are always beautiful!
Enjoying more tummy time outside!
At the end of her first month she also took her last nap in her rock and play. I bought this for her to sleep in by our bed since her reflux was so bad (she would choke on it MOTN) but it is important to me that she sleep flat! So we started doing naps in her crib and it only took a couple of days to transition!
I also decided this month to try taking Lainey to a chiropractor for her gas and reflux issues. We originally went to a Dr in Monroe. I want to be super transparent here in case anyone local reads this...
The Dr in Monroe was super super nice! He has 5 kids of his own so I felt comfortable with him immediately! But here is the "curse" of the incredible dental office for which I work... I am super critical of practices and "customer service". The office staff was nice but not the kind of accommodating, sincere, concerned nice that I'm accustomed to providing to my own patients. So I wasnt thrilled.
He adjusted her by holding her up gently by the legs into an upside down position (she never fussed once!) and allowing her head to pull her spine into alignment. He said that was the way he was trained.
I just didnt know so much about that. I never thought he was hurting her! But, as a healthcare professional, I just tend to gravitate towards objective testing results, of which he did none.
So a friend of mine, whose son has also dealt with pretty severe reflux, recommended I go see Upper Cervical Chiropractic of GA (Dr Adam Tedders). I'll write more about his office in a future post, but just wanted to note that I took her around 3 weeks old to his office for the firs time!
Naps: Lainey has about a 45 min waketime at a month old. In the evenings she naps in her swing, but the first 3 are in her crib. We help her soothe to sleep by using her swaddle, sitting with her a few minutes and giving paci if she struggles to fall asleep :-).
Lainey, we are loving having you as a part of our family! You are so sweet and precious and SMALL! And we think thats just adorable. For now, you're the "runt" of our family, and we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment