Sure enough, we ended up getting snowed in. Usually thats a really exciting thing around here... but this year, it was just honestly horrible to me. Having nothing to do and being stuck inside with only my thoughts of how much I missed her already and how I wish she could see the snow was just so, so hard. I tend to want to sleep through stress or hard times so it was really tempting to just stay in bed all day and wish the day would pass quickly... but with two babies who get excited about snow, thats not an option!
So, I did what any Mom would do. I tried to focus on making memories with our family, knowing that Mommie would have wanted us to.
The snow was pretty for sure! But man, it was COLD!
The street was pretty icy which made it also pretty dangerous! AKA: hilarious ;-) Mack couldnt walk on it without falling and we were cracking up watching Spud try to walk around on it!
The snow reflected the sun so brightly that it was hard to find a good angle to take a pic without being blinded!
And of course mack was quite unhappy about getting any snow on his gloves. So. High. Maintenance! HA!
Little spud was sticking to walking in other peoples foot prints when he could! Smart fella, huh?!
Our home covered in snow!
I wanted to get a family pic (always!) but (as always!) the boys wouldnt cooperate. Well, spud did!The kids lasted about 30 min outside playing and then we decided to load them up in the wagon and walk down to our friends house, the Nash's. Well, that was a bad move. The kids got cold when they stopped walking/moving and were pretty much done! And so was the end of any outdoor fun that day.
We also had to make the decision as a family to postpone laying mommie to rest until Thursday when it would be safe for people to get on the roads. It was a hard decision to make, obviously, but one that needed to be made.
Angela, my very best friend, had drove in on Tuesday night in order to help with the funeral on Wednesday (her parents own the funeral home we use) and in general to be there to show her love and support and I felt terrible that she had come in the snow and then had to turn around and go back and didnt even get to be here for the funeral (she had to go back to work). But that effort meant the WORLD to me.
Snow day #1 for 2014. With more to come... (yuck!).
And with that, I was ready for spring ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment