We got BOTH of the kids the playground for their birthdays this year. It was expensive (even though Jeff's parents went in on it with us) so we felt like it had to be for both. But then it was also Mack's first birthday and we did, after all, give Rhyan a few smaller things for her birthday this year, too!
So I had the idea to go with a sandbox. Our boy loves playing in messes, so we figured it would be a fun addition to the playground area!
The only thing is, we FORGOT to give it to him at this birthday party! I mean, how do you present your kid with something like this, anyways? I guess we could have had it ready to go and then asked all our guests to accompany us to the playground area and show him to it and see how he responded, but honestly, we just forgot to even set it up! (lots was going on with Mommie at the time and i had a hard time balancing everything/making things special).
So one evening, i decided it was time to get his "Crabby" Sandbox out of the back of my van :-) I hauled 2 of the sandbags from the van all the way to the back yard area before deciding God blessed me with a buff husband and that I'm ok with being a weakling. So my beastly husband helped finish up!
Then, we had to remember to take him out to try it! HA!
He seemed to like it!
Except, everything goes in his mouth these days. And so did the sand :-(Maybe he's a little young, yet? I'm hoping he'll grow out of the desire to eat it and will learn to play!
He was really more interested in playing in the lid! Leave it to a one year old to see a toy where there isnt one!
So, Jeff hates the thing. He says its too messy and Mack eats the sand too much. I really think that in time, it'll be great. I mean, Rhyan plays in it GREAT now (at three! HA!). Here's to hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment