Monday, August 8, 2011

July Maddness!

Life's been busy!! The end of July was quite a whirlwind. We wanted to do some things this summer with Rhyan but with a newborn its hard... Mack finally got predictable enough to feel comfortable taking him out for a whole day in about the last week of July... right around his 6 week bday :-) Theres something about the 6 week mark that feels really good. Like you finally find a groove.

So, at the end of July, Rhyan finished up her swim lessons!
blowing bubbles!
With Mrs Jannette
"Graduating" with Owen!

Rhyan has also been busy making sure that her little glow worm gets a bath...

...and that her monkey gets to swing. Poor Mack cant use any of his baby gear!

My birthday is also at the end of July! I turned 31 this year. I'll admit, my body feels like its getting older (i guess that comes with the territory of having 2 kids and not working out... boo) but i still feel like i'm in my 20's or something! Jeff asked what i wanted and all i really wanted was to go see harry potter :-) He hates harry potter and i love it, so it was quite the sacrifice for him! Ronni and Andy kept the kids for the evening and we headed out. FUN! I also treated myself to a little shopping trip (more out of necessity... no clothes fit... double boo!)
And last but not least, I had my 6 week check up with the fabulous Dr Pohl. I took little Mack with me so I could get a quick pic of the two of them together.

Interesting tidbit about my 6 week checkup... Dr Pohl mentioned that mack's delivery was a little "scary" there for a while. I knew that he was awful serious and focused during the end of the delivery, but didnt know why. I trusted him to do his best and take care of both of us. So i asked him what made it scary, assuming it was b/c of the cord being wrapped around his neck. But he said it was actually the fact that Mack's shoulder was stuck. I asked why that is so scary and he said its the most litigated (sued over) problem that arises out of deliveries in OBGYN practices... b/c apparently when they are as stuck as Mack's was, its not uncommon for their arm to be PARALYZED! Oh my.

He admitted that he's never had a baby have any lasting issues from shoulder dystocia and that he knows its because the Lord takes care of him and his patients. It is apparently one of the most frightening emergencies that a doctor faces in delivery and is not all that common, occuring in only an approximate 1% of vaginal deliveries. It's a hard thing to predict but is most commonly associated with a very obese mother during pregnancy (i only gained 30ish lbs so this wasnt true for me) or gestational diabetes (nope for me, either). So there was really no way to predict this in my case. But now i know why my nurse said that Dr Pohl is fabulous (she actually claimed him to be the BEST dr that she's ever worked with at gwinn. med) and that every other dr up there would have taken us for an emergency c-section. Wow.

Man, i love my doctor :-)

So, this catches us up till the middle of the last week of July... lots more to come!

No comments: