
We've had a blast this weekend. Ronni (my MIL, Jeff's mom) had a BIG birthday in March that demanded a celebration. She and Andy have been traveling to Charleston and the Mountain House the past week which has kept us from getting to celebrate ON her birthday, but we couldn't let the big 6-0 pass by without mention! So on Saturday we enjoyed having Ronni, Andy, Jason and Liz over for dinner. Good times were had by all. Sadly, Rhyan wasn't in the best of moods... but luckily she goes to bed early. haha... I think those blasted molars are just really bothering her. Its nothing for her to wake up at night crying once or twice a week lately. She'll cry for a minute and go back to sleep. Sad. Teething or bad dreams are all we know to attribute it to. Either way, she's fine and goes back to sleep, but its making for a slightly less friendly and fun Rhyan lately. Such is life.
Unfortunately i have NO pics from the bday celebration :-( Liz caught a few and hopefully i'll get to snag some of hers to post here eventually.
We have been taking every chance we get to head to the park lately. Rhyan really likes the swing (i'm thinking this is a must get for her first bday...) and we all really like the time together and outdoors. She and I even made a trip up to Tribble Mill for some girl time with the chicks from work. Good times.

Lastly, Easter day was just glorious. I'm at a point in my walk with the Lord lately where I am not so faithful to study/pray and am very frustrated with myself for this. He, however, just continues to bless my heart. Easter morning's service was just so moving. I love how the words of a song can prick my heart and bring me back to remembering that my standing with Christ as His child is not dependent on my faithfulness... that HIS faithfulness has far overshadowed my selfish life. He is so good to remind me that i'll never be "good" enough and that He loves me anyways (not that its acceptable to forever live in this slack condition... these times remind me of just why I need the discipline that can only come from Him). Anyhoo... I'll let the words of this song sum it up for me:
"Oh the wonderful cross, Oh the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die to find that I may truly live"
Oh, how i need that perspective daily.



More on my walk with the Lord later. For now, I hope you enjoy this weather, your family and the knowledge that Jesus Christ has risen from the grave. Death has been defeated and the grave has been denied. Jesus lives forever. HE's ALIVE!