Monday, August 19, 2013

Rhyan's Birthday Party!!! (4)

Two years ago, as I sat outside in our backyard helping Rhyan open gifts at her 2nd birthday party and sweated my face off becuase I was 8 months pregnant, I made the decision to be DONE with putting lots of effort into throwing birthday parties for babies who dont know the difference. I decided that I would do a decent 1st birthday for my kids and that after that, it would be a family activity that the kid wanted to do and then cake and icecream only for our family.

That worked fine last year!

Then, this year, Rhyan said "mommy, i need a party! i want emma and becca and taylor and shelby adn odessa to come!". So what did I do? Planned a party, duh ;-) It was nice for the year it lasted...

We planned to do the party at Harbins athletic fields playground on Sunday the 28th. But you all know how this year has gone... it RAINED! of course. So we moved the party to our house, instead.

I like to let my kids have whatever interests them for their party. If they have multiple interests, then its quite possible that they may have an ariel cake and random other princess plates, etc... I dont mind things not matching as long as my babies are pleased :-)

Rhyan went with me to pick out her cake! I agree that this was the prettiest one! Love all the colors!
My precious niece, Avery, was quite popular at the party!

We invited our friends, the Karmelin's, from our old church. Their daughter, Becca, and Rhyan became great friends in Kidzlife last year! And Ethan is just about a year older than Mack. Well, I had put on fb earlier that I was in the market for a train table and Alina had commented that they had one we could HAVE! We tried to pay her for it but she refused saying she was happy to have it out of her house. They brought it with them to the party and Mack was instantly in LOVE! And in his room is pretty much where he, Trevor (my nephew) and Ethan hung out the rest of the day!
Meanwhile, the girls did a few little crafts. I am NOT crafty! But my boss's wife is all crazy with crafts. She came up with some cute ideas so it was pretty simple for me! First, the girls colored a princess and crown and we did a little "pin the crown on the princess".


Then, each kid decorated with sparkles, jewels, stickers and markers, their own princess hat!
Btw, each kid also could choose a princess dress to wear when they came in....






Then it was time for PIZZA! I will admit that I did feel a little badly that we had Pizza at her party... she doesnt really like pizza. But i needed something quick and easy and mess free. :-) And of course after pizza we had to sing and have CAKE!

Mack shared his icecream with Mayer! So sweet!


After our faces were sufficiently stuffed, we moved onto presents!

First up, a princess chair and towel from Shlaine and Steve!!! She LOVED it and seriously uses it!
I have to note here that my camera lens is messed up and every pic is DARK :-( BOOOO!




























This dress, from mayer, required an instant wardrobe change! She LOVES it!!!























Rhyan got LOTS of great gifts! Somehow, everyone seemed to know that she looooves disney princesses. I cant imagine how they might know that! ;-)

We made an attempt at a group shot. Again, I'm so bummed that my lens was messed up but here they are


And Rhyan with her sweet Mayer (who gave her the snow white dress that she's wearing! shes in love!)

We definitely threw together her party at the last minute, AND had to change locations... but it was worth it to see my girl so happy. And really, it wasnt so stressful this year because I pretty much have decided that her expectations are pretty simple so anything we put together makes her happy! So I avoided all the matching printable food names and water bottle covers, etc... Not that theres anything wrong with going all out, but I've just learned that.. well, she's FOUR. She's not aware that pintrest exists and really doesnt have any comparison. So she was happy, I was happy, and hopefully the kids had a good time!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHYAN!!!

No comments: